Why we like the Hebridean Sky
- Luxury at an affordable price
- A very comfortable and elegant ship, but with an adventurous heart
- She is almost matchless after her $10 million upgrade in 2016.
- Outstanding service coupled with top-of-the-line catering
- Spacious cabins ranging from 20 - 34 square metres (215 - 366 square feet), including a capacious Owner's Suite, dedicated single cabins and the option of outside balconies in the higher cabin categories
- A stern step provides easy access into zodiacs as an alternative to the gangway
- A dedicated on-board Customer Service Representative responsible for ensuring that every passenger is being fully looked after
Watch our Video Tour of Hebridean Sky
What our customers think
Hebridean Sky is a 5 star experience all the way. The boat was outstanding, as was the friendly and helpful crew. It felt like somebody was there with anything I could have needed - they were at least two steps ahead of me at all times.
Colette, UK January 2017
Our trip truly exceeded our expectations. We've been on many cruises, but the Hebridean Sky was without a doubt our favorite ship. The food was by far the best of any cruise line we've traveled on in the past. Very attentive and knowledgeable staff. Onboard lectures were very informative and useful.
Chris & Amy, Florida December 2017
The expedition staff were all super professional and top in their field. They were very personable as well. It was nice to have the option to snowshoe on one day and go out on the science boat on another.
Lori, Texas December 2017
The rooms were top rate and food superb. The captain chose the times re Drake passage and avoided the storms. The boat staff were all efficient, courteous and kept the boat immaculate. Best cruise we have done.
Barb and Bob, Canada February 2017
The Hebridean Sky was a great boat and very comfortable - much more so than expected.
Boyce & Elizabeth, Mississippi December 2016
We were really pleased with the wonderful support from Swoop, and the wealth of information provided by them. We appreciated Swoop's help in recommending Hebridean Sky as it proved to be the perfect trip for us. We especially loved the excursion nature and scientific approach of the voyage. The food and wine was of a high standard and there was plenty of both variety and quantity.
Sue, Gavan & Jenni, Australia February 2018
The Hebridean Sky is an exceptional ship of the right size, comfort, and luxury for such an Antarctic journey. The food was plentiful, of superb quality and variety. The ship was spotlessly clean and the cabin staff were excellent and made every effort to ensure all passengers were well treated and happy.
Annette, UK January 2017
The Hebridean crew were amazing and everything was so organised with lectures and landings. I liked how the crew ate with us and shared stories.
Oscar, Massachusetts March 2017
I am back, and I must say that this was the most amazing experience of my life. So much so that I did not want it to end, EVER! Every aspect of this voyage was beyond expectations.
Leslie, USA January 2016
I was amazed with the elegance of the Hebridean Sky. Our room was spacious and furnished beautifully. Anyone interested in going on this trip, I would be sure to tell them about our experience. It was perfect.
Mary and John, New York January 2017
Very pleased - the Hebridean Sky and expedition staff were first class.
Roger & Marina, UK February 2018
Unbelievable! Perfect in every way. Swoop and especially Loli, were terrific from initial contacts to getting on the ship. I can't imagine a more perfect ship than the Hebridean Sky!
Austine & Cathleen, Colorado November 2017
Photos of Hebridean Sky
Voyages aboard Hebridean Sky
Looking for an Antarctic adventure without compromising on comfort and service? Look no further. Benefitting from a $10 million refurbishment, this stylish 110-passenger ship, with its cavernous suites, fine dining and compelling itinerary, offers a very polished Southern Ocean adventure,…
I've been onboard the Hebridean Sky and have to say it's rare to find a ship which combines such comfort, classy suites and great food with an outstanding expedition team - worth every penny.
John Newby Polar Specialist
*Note that the above measurements are approximate averages and exact cabin size can vary
Following her 2016 renovation, all suites on board will be outward-facing. Each one is at least 225 square ft (~21 square meters) and offers a choice of either twin- or queen-sized bed, flat-screen TV, mini-bar and sitting area with a sofa-bed, independent temperature controls and a marble-appointed en-suite bathroom.
Please note the following add-ons, available on non-Fly & Cruise trips only:
- Owner’s, Penthouse & Veranda Suites include all stardard features plus: En suite Champagne & Chocolates on Arrival, Complimentary mini-bar (beer, wine & soft drinks), En suite Nespresso machine.
- Promenade & Deluxe Suites include all stardard features plus: En suite Champagne & Chocolates on Arrival, Complimentary mini-bar (beer, wine & soft drinks), En suite Nespresso machine available on request.
Owner's Suite (1)
- On the top cabin deck (6 - the Penthouse Deck)
- Cabin size: 35.7 square meters (385 square feet)
- 10.2 square meter (110 square feet) private balcony
- Two-room suite with separate lounge and bedroom
- Choice of either Queen-sized bed or Twin beds
- Sitting area with sofa & chair
- Flat screen TV with DVD/CD
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Internet - wifi: you can connect your personal device from anywhere on the ship
- Satellite phone card
- VoIP telephone card
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. There are two public computers available in the library for internet access. Data packages prices are starting at $18 for 300min. However, prices vary over the season and should serve only for illustrative purposes. Satellite phone works at all times, VoIP requires internet connection.