Why we like the Ocean Nova
- A maximum of only 68 passengers ensures a very intimate polar experience and that everyone can get ashore together
- Combines clean, comfortable Scandinavian styling, with a true expeditionary spirit
- Ocean Nova's large expeditionary staff of 12 means the highest passenger to staff ratio of any Antarctic ship
- A high ice class rating, outstanding manoeuvrability and a first rate captain allow Ocean Nova to access places other ships simply can't reach
- Her Panoramic lounge with its 200 degree views is a popular place for wildlife viewing while keeping warm
- Delicious hand picked Chilean Wine is complimentary with meals
- One of the few small ships with dedicated Single cabins, as well as Twins and Triple cabins, all with a picture window and en-suite bathroom
Watch our Video Tour of Ocean Nova
What Our Customers Think
The Ocean Nova ship was great, I would 10/10 do it again. Read the full review
Katie Salva United States Of America December 2019
The ship was very comfortable, food excellent with a variety of menus including a barbeque on deck. The crew and expedition staff were excellent and extremely knowledgeable.
John UK December 2016
The Ocean Nova was excellent and the perfect size. The ship’s crew and the expedition crew were both first class. Swoop did a terrific job in putting it all together.
Mark Australia February 2016
We had time of our lives! I would give the overall experience a 10/10.
Peace California January 2016
Photos of Ocean Nova
Voyages aboard Ocean Nova
Original Fly & Cruise Expedition Cruise
Travel with the pioneers of fly & cruise Antarctic voyages, flying in both directions and bypassing a 2-day sail on the Drake Passage. Regular departure dates (Dec - Feb) to choose from. Explore Antarctica aboard a trusty 68-passenger expedition ship…
- 8 Days
66 Degrees South Fly Cruise
By offering time saving flights, extended time in Antarctica and the chance to reach the Polar Circle, this 10-day voyage maximises the polar experience. Minimum travel time & maximum exploring time and all the benefits of only 73 people…
- 10 Days
Express Tour of Antarctica
A cost-effective Antarctic adventure. This itinerary is also ideal for those with limited time wanting to combine Antarctica with time exploring Patagonia. Sailing one way and flying back, you get to combine two iconic places: Antarctica and Cape Horn. Note,…
- 6-7 Days
- 12 cabins are on the Upper Deck and 16 on the Bridge Deck
- 2 lower beds
- All twins have the same floor space. However, they have beds further apart of each other on the Bridge Deck (Deck 4). The twins on the Upper Deck (Deck 3) are potentially better for couples.
- Cabins #413 and #414 have obstructed views.
Onboard Communications & Facilities
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Internet: $49/1GB card
- VoIP telephone card: $23 per 60min to the USA (will be less to other countries)
- Iridium card: $78/45min
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. Satellite phone works at all times, VoIP requires internet connection.
Other facilities include:
- Plugs: European 220V two-round-pinned sockets
- Towels, toiletries and hair dryers
- Laundry service (additional cost)
Find Your Antarctic Ship
Choosing the right ship is crucial, given the amount of time you'll spend on board. Swoop is experienced at helping match our customers to exactly the right ship.
Ready to plan your Antarctic adventure?
We'll spend some time listening to your aspirations, then discuss the kind of experience that might suit you.
Next we'll discuss the options, shortlist the best trips for you and present you our impartial recommendations.
We'll place a 24 hour hold on your preferred option - without obligation - whilst we talk through the details.