Why We Like This Ship
- A maximum of only 68 passengers ensures a very intimate polar experience and that everyone can get ashore together
- Combines clean, comfortable Scandinavian styling, with a true expeditionary spirit
- Ocean Nova's large expeditionary staff of 12 means the highest passenger to staff ratio of any Antarctic ship
- A high ice class rating, outstanding manoeuvrability and a first rate captain allow Ocean Nova to access places other ships simply can't reach
- Her Panoramic lounge with its 200 degree views is a popular place for wildlife viewing while keeping warm
- Delicious hand picked Chilean Wine is complimentary with meals
- One of the few small ships with dedicated Single cabins, as well as Twins and Triple cabins, all with a picture window and en-suite bathroom
Watch our Video Tour of Ocean Nova
What Our Customers Think
The Ocean Nova was excellent and the perfect size. The ship’s crew and the expedition crew were both first class. Swoop did a terrific job in putting it all together.
Mark, Australia February 2016
The ship was very comfortable, food excellent with a variety of menus including a barbeque on deck. The crew and expedition staff were excellent and extremely knowledgeable.
John, UK December 2016
We had time of our lives! I would give the overall experience a 10/10.
Peace, California January 2016
Photos of Ocean Nova
Voyages aboard Ocean Nova
Travel with the pioneers of fly & cruise Antarctic voyages, flying in both directions and bypassing a 2-day sail on The Drake. Regular departure dates (Dec - Feb) to choose from. Explore Antarctica aboard a trusty 68-passenger expedition ship renowned…
By offering time saving flights, extended time in Antarctica and the chance to reach the Polar Circle, this 10-day voyage maximises the polar experience. Minimum travel time + maximum exploring time. Plus all the benefits of only 68 people…
With only one sailing in March, this competitively priced 10-day voyage provides 4 whole days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula. Traveling aboard a small, highly manoeuvrable 68-passenger ship ensures your time will be maximised, particularly if you opt for kayaking or…
A cost-effective Antarctic adventure. This itinerary is also ideal for those with limited time wanting to combine Antarctica with time exploring Patagonia. Sailing one way and flying back, you get to combine two iconic places: Antarctica and Cape Horn. Note,…
I really like Ocean Nova and not just because she carried me across the Antarctic Circle. Hanging out in the panoramic lounge conveniently close to the killer coffee machine watching icebergs slip by, or a pod of orcas on the hunt one morning, was my idea of heaven.
Alex Mudd General Manager
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Internet: $20/10mb; $50/30mb; $140/100mb
- Satellite phone card: $70/45min
- VoIP telephone card: $20 per 60min to the USA (will be less to other countries)
- Ship-based email:$10/pp set-up fee plus $0.15/kb
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. Satellite phone works at all times, VoIP requires internet connection.