Why we like the Ocean Nova
- A maximum of only 68 passengers ensures a very intimate polar experience and that everyone can get ashore together
- Combines clean, comfortable Scandinavian styling, with a true expeditionary spirit
- Ocean Nova's large expeditionary staff of 12 means the highest passenger to staff ratio of any Antarctic ship
- A high ice class rating, outstanding manoeuvrability and a first rate captain allow Ocean Nova to access places other ships simply can't reach
- Her Panoramic lounge with its 200 degree views is a popular place for wildlife viewing while keeping warm
- Delicious hand picked Chilean Wine is complimentary with meals
- One of the few small ships with dedicated Single cabins, as well as Twins and Triple cabins, all with a picture window and en-suite bathroom
Watch our Video Tour of Ocean Nova
What Our Customers Think
We had time of our lives! I would give the overall experience a 10/10.
Peace California January 2016
The Ocean Nova was excellent and the perfect size. The ship’s crew and the expedition crew were both first class. Swoop did a terrific job in putting it all together.
Mark Australia February 2016
The ship was very comfortable, food excellent with a variety of menus including a barbeque on deck. The crew and expedition staff were excellent and extremely knowledgeable.
John UK December 2016
Photos of Ocean Nova
Voyages aboard Ocean Nova
I really like Ocean Nova and not just because she carried me across the Antarctic Circle. Hanging out in the panoramic lounge conveniently close to the killer coffee machine watching icebergs slip by, or a pod of orcas on the hunt one morning, was my idea of heaven.
Alex Mudd Polar Specialist
- 12 cabins are on the Upper Deck and 16 on the Bridge Deck
- 2 lower beds
- All twins have the same floor space. However, they have beds further apart of each other on the Bridge Deck (Deck 4). The twins on the Upper Deck (Deck 3) are potentially better for couples.
- Cabins #413 and #414 have obstructed views.
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Internet: $20/10mb; $50/30mb; $140/100mb
- Satellite phone card: $70/45min
- VoIP telephone card: $20 per 60min to the USA (will be less to other countries)
- Ship-based email:$10/pp set-up fee plus $0.15/kb
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. Satellite phone works at all times, VoIP requires internet connection.