Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 4 full days in Antarctica = 8 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- We like this ship's small size, simple Scandinavian lines & the Panoramic Lounge's 200 degree views
- Kayaking & snowshoeing (additional cost)
- The only air-cruise trip to offer reserved plane seating
- Includes 2 nights in Punta Arenas + house wines with meals
Day 1: Arrive to Punta Arenas
Arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile, where you are welcomed and transferred to your hotel. In the afternoon, you attend a briefing that provides important information about your voyage and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. Later, gather for a welcome dinner and meet your fellow adventurers while enjoying a typical regional menu.
Day 2: Fly to King George Island
Your Antarctic adventure begins with a two-hour flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. As you exit the airplane, the clear Antarctic air fills your lungs for the first time. Explore the area surrounding Chile's Frei Station and Russia's Bellingshausen station, before boarding a Zodiac to embark your expedition vessel.
Days 3 to 6: Antarctic Peninsula
Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Each day, disembark by Zodiac and explore the landscape together with expert polar guides. Onboard the ship, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations and enjoy spectacular vistas from the glass-enclosed lounge while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests.
No journey is the same as flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica. The Expedition Team sets the voyage route to take advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature, crafting a unique and extraordinary experience each time. While the exact itinerary changes with each expedition, you will explore several spots that offer the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment. Your voyage may include visits to sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel, or many other magnificent places.
Day 7: Fly back to Punta Arenas
Return to King George Island and bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding the flight back to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program.)
Day 8: Return home
After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Furthermore, it's important to understand that the charter flight(s) to/ from Antarctica are particularly prone to weather, which requires a flexible flight schedule.
What our customers think
Fly & cruise worked very well and was a great option. All excursions were well organised and conducted safely. We enjoyed them all, especially the snowshoeing treks.
John, UK December 2016
About The Ship
- A 4* expedition ship for only 68 guests
- Time saving flights
- Panoramic lounge with 200 degree views
- 1B ice class rating (Hull = 1A)
- Optional kayaking & snowshoeing/ hiking
- Rubber boots are provided on loan
The very experienced crew are super friendly and make you feel at home straight away.
Loli Figueroa Polar Specialist
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $12995
Due to the popularity of this trip, early booking is strongly advised (12-18 months in advance).
Passengers who book to share a Twin cabin are accommodated in single rooms at the hotel in Punta Arenas for which there's a mandatory supplement on top of the voyage price of USD$450.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add-on's. Limited places per activity, get in contact to check availability.
Kayaking ($895) - all departures, basic competency required.
Snowshoeing ($195) - all departures, as long as snow conditions allow. Snow shoes provided
Single Supplement and Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, this ship has a good number of dedicated single cabins, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years or more are admitted if accompanied by a fully responsible adult. A 5% discount on the rate per person is offered for children up to 8 - 12 years of age.
- Airport/ hotel transfers as indicated
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in P. Arenas
- Charter flights P. Arenas/Antarctica return
- Complimentary waterproof duffel bag
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals on full board basis
- Complimentary drinks offered during meals
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Parka jackets are not provided
- Any flights to/ from voyage start & end points
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature - laundry, bar tab, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)