Why We Like This Ship
- A modern, custom built expedition ship packed with cutting edge technology
- A truly 5* experience, but without the high price tag
- Elegant design, an intimate atmosphere and the French touch, favouring discreet service and excellent cuisine
- By combining high comfort with adventure, they take the best aspects from both traditional cruising and small ship adventures
- 95% of the suites have their own private balcony, a feature previously rare as hen's teeth on older polar ships
- Passenger capacity is capped at only 200 pax for the Polar Regions, making it even more spacious onboard
Watch our Video Tour of Le Boreal, Soleal, Lyrial & Austral
This is a 'Wow' vessel - at least that's what I said on seeing the magnificent cascading glass chandelier which greets you on arrival in the reception area. Modern, custom-built, beautifully appointed and capped to just 200 people in Antarctica, she's a classy act for sure.
John Newby Polar Specialist
Photos of Le Boreal, Le Soleal, Le Lyrial & L'Austral
Voyages aboard Le Boreal, Soleal and Lyrial
Travelling aboard a modern, luxury, custom built expedition ship offering balconied cabins, excellent amenities, speed through the water and outstanding food, all you’ve got to do is sit back and enjoy the adventure. The all-inclusive price provides very good value…
*Note that the above measurements are approximate averages and exact cabin size can vary
All cabins feature a flat-screen TV, individually-controlled air-conditioning, minibar, iPod Players, Hair dryers and wifi.
The differences among the three sister ships are only decorative. Le Boreal launched in 2010, Le Soleal in 2013 and Le Lyrial in 2015. Le Lyrial has slightly fewer cabins as deck 6 is all suites and this ship is the only one to feature the Grand Deluxe Suite cabin category.
Prestige Stateroom Deck 4, 5 and 6
- Located on deck 4
- Double bed, large window
- Spacious cabin 18m2 (199 sq.ft.)
- Private balcony 4m2 (43 sq.ft.)
- Private ensuite facilities
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Full Internet access: available via wifi access
- Satellite phone
Please note that this is only for light data traffic. Aboard Le Lyrial, you benefit from full Internet access, which is subject to satellite connection signal (expect a much slower connection than at home, some pages can sometimes load for minutes).