Why we like Le Boreal, Le Lyrial, Le Soleal & L'Austral
- A modern, custom built expedition ship packed with cutting edge technology
- A truly 5* experience, but without the high price tag
- Elegant design, an intimate atmosphere and the French touch, favouring discreet service and excellent cuisine
- By combining high comfort with adventure, they take the best aspects from both traditional cruising and small ship adventures
- 95% of the suites have their own private balcony, a feature previously rare as hen's teeth on older polar ships
- Passenger capacity is capped at only 200 pax for the Polar Regions, making it even more spacious onboard
Watch our Video Tour of Le Boreal, Soleal, Lyrial & Austral
This is a 'Wow' vessel - at least that's what I said on seeing the magnificent cascading glass chandelier which greets you on arrival in the reception area. Modern, custom-built, beautifully appointed and capped to just 200 people in Antarctica, she's a classy act for sure.
Alex Mudd Polar Specialist
Photos of Le Boreal, Le Soleal, Le Lyrial & L'Austral
What our customers think
The range of expertise from the 15 expedition staff was vast and we had a lot of excellent talks in the theatre. The captain and the Expedition Leader were very experienced and proved successfully flexible about landing opportunities. There was an onboard dance group, two pianists, a guitarist and two singers to add to the enjoyment of the trip, as well as exercise sessions and dance lessons.
Richard & Anne Abrahall United Kingdom December 2018
The staff on the ship were kind and helpful, and the food was delicious!
Deborah Merickel United States Of America February 2019
Voyages aboard Le Boreal, Soleal and Lyrial
Focusing only on Antarctica and South Georgia, missing out The Falklands, this voyage is both rare and attractive. Sail first to Antarctica and then on to South Georgia at a time when the King penguins are in their greatest numbers.…
- 16 Days
Travelling aboard a modern, luxury, custom built expedition ship offering cabins with private balconies, excellent amenities, speed through the water and outstanding food, all you’ve got to do is sit back and enjoy the adventure. The all-inclusive price provides very…
- 16-17 Days
Travelling on board a modern, state-of-the-art 5* ship with only 200 people, this voyage combines the best of both traditional and expedition cruising. Spend 5 days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula in comfort. All-inclusive pricing means luxury at an affordable…
- 11 Days
*Note that the above measurements are approximate averages and exact cabin size can vary
All cabins feature a flat-screen TV, individually-controlled air-conditioning, minibar, iPod Players, Hair dryers and wifi.
The differences among the three sister ships are only decorative. Le Boreal launched in 2010, Le Soleal in 2013 and Le Lyrial in 2015. Le Lyrial has slightly fewer cabins as deck 6 is all suites and this ship is the only one to feature the Grand Deluxe Suite cabin category.
Prestige Stateroom Deck 4, 5 and 6
- Located on deck 4
- Double bed, large window
- Spacious cabin 18m2 (199 sq.ft.)
- Private balcony 4m2 (43 sq.ft.)
- Private ensuite facilities
Onboard Communications & Facilities
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Internet: Available via WiFi. You can connect your personal device from anywhere on the ship subject to connection signal
- Satellite phone (additional cost).
Please note that this is only for light data traffic. Expect a much slower connection than at home, some pages can load for minutes.
- Plugs: European 220V two-round-pinned sockets and North American 120V two-flat-pinned sockets
- Towels, toiletries and hair dryers
- Laundry service (additional cost)