Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- A six day voyage with one day in Antarctica
- Starts in Ushuaia & finishes in Punta Arenas - ideal for combining Chile & Argentina
- Choice of 2 ships & 4 departure dates
- Complimentary hotel stay + Chilean wine with meals
Day 1: Ushuaia and Puerto Williams
Your journey begins in Ushuaia, Argentina. Board Ocean Nova and sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world. Explore the surroundings before setting sail to Cape Horn.
Day 2: Cape Horn
After an overnight crossing of Nassau Bay, you awake in full view of legendary Cape Horn! Weather permitting, board a Zodiac and be one of the few privileged adventurers to step foot on this famous and rarely visited island. Back on board, set sail towards Antarctica and cross the famous passage named in honour of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th century British explorer.
Day 3: At sea towards King George Island
As you sail through the Drake Passage en route to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations. In the company of expert guides, watch for wildlife from the glass-enclosed lounge or from the outside decks. You may spot magnificent sea birds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as different species of whales on their way south to Antarctica.
Day 4: South Shetland Islands
After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, the environment changes noticeably. Keep your camera ready, as this is the time to watch for the first icebergs and the first sight of Antarctic land. Reaching the South Shetland Islands, sail in ice-filled bays, while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Board a Zodiac for your first memorable shore visit to a penguin colony. Taking advantage of the endless Antarctic daylight, exploration will continue well into the evening.
Day 5: King George Island to Punta Arenas
Upon reaching King George Island, disembark at Fildes Bay and explore the area, such as the Chilean Base Frei and the Russian Base Bellingshausen. Bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding the flight back to Punta Arenas, Chile. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program.).
Day 6: Punta Arenas
After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Passengers who book to share a Twin Cabin are accommodated in a single room in Punta Arenas for which there is a mandatory supplement of US$195.
The 2-Jan-2020 departure operate in reverse and are one day longer. The single room supplement for Punta Arenas if you book to share a Twin Cabin is US$350 for those voyages.
This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Furthermore, it's important to understand that the charter flight(s) to/ from Antarctica are particularly prone to weather, which requires a flexible flight schedule.
What our customers think
This was a trip I want to return on as soon as possible. I would have loved more time in Antarctica, but even with the short time it was the perfect size and timed trip. Certainly made the visit to the 7th continent special.
Boyce & Elizabeth, Mississippi December 2016
The highlight was stepping onto Antarctica. The landscapes were awesome, the whales and penguins were fascinating. The staff and ship crew members were outstanding, they accommodated each passenger individually.
Mary and John, New York January 2017
About The Ship
- An elegant 5* yacht for 110 guests
- Very spacious cabins, double the average
- 1C ice class + retractable fin stabilisers
- Optional kayaking
- Optional camping (on selected departures)
- Complimentary jacket (on selected departures) & loan of rubber boots
- Includes a 5* hotel stay in Ushuaia
It's rare to find a ship combining such comfort with a really strong expedition team - worth every penny.
John Newby Polar Specialist
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $4795
- Passengers who book to share a Twin Cabin are accommodated in a single room in Punta Arenas for which there is a mandatory supplement of US$195.
- The 2-Jan-2020 and 2-Jan-2021 departures operate in reverse and are one day longer. The single room supplement for Punta Arenas if you book to share a Twin Cabin is US$350 for those voyages.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, this ship has a good number of dedicated single cabins, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years or more are admitted if accompanied by a fully responsible adult. A 5% discount on the rate per person is offered for children up to 8 - 12 years of age.
- Airport/ hotel transfers as indicated
- 1 night hotel accommodation in P. Arenas
- Flight Antarctica/ P. Arenas (or vv)
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals on full board basis
- Complimentary drinks offered during meals
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Parka jackets are not provided
- Any flights to/ from voyage start & end points
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature - laundry, bar tab, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)