Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 6 full days in Antarctica & 12 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- Flights in both directions from Punta Arenas
- The ship has a high ice class rating and a first class captain
- Kayaking & snowshoeing available (additional cost)
- Complimentary 2 nights in Punta Arenas + wine with meals
Day 1: Punta Arenas
After being welcomed in Punta Arenas, Chile, you will be transferred to your hotel and attend a briefing that provides important information about your voyage and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. A welcome dinner introduces you to the local gastronomy as you meet fellow adventurers from around the world.
Day 2: Fly from Punta Arenas to King George Island
A smooth two-hour flight takes you efficiently from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. Your Antarctic adventure begins as you exit the airplane and the clear Antarctic air fills your lungs for the first time. Explore the area surrounding Chile's Frei Station and Russia's Bellingshausen station, before boarding a Zodiac to embark your expedition vessel.
Days 3 to 8: Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands
Sail along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Visit the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, disembarking by Zodiac each day. In small groups, hike to extraordinary sites and take part in exploratory Zodiac excursions to otherwise inaccessible areas. Expert polar guides share their passion for Antarctica through an engaging program of illustrated presentations, and lead you ashore to interpret the wildlife, the history and the many wonders of the Antarctic environment. From the glass-enclosed lounge, enjoy spectacular views while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests over a drink.
The goal of the expedition is to sail far south in the attempt of reaching the Polar Circle. The Expedition Team sets the specific voyage route based on local conditions and takes advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature. Flexibility will be the key to a successful voyage. Your expedition may include visits to sites such as Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, the Lemaire Channel, Prospect Point or other magnificent places.
Each voyage is unique and each is crafted to provide the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment.
Day 9: Fly back to Punta Arenas
Back at King George Island, bid farewell to Antarctica as you board the flight to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program.)
Day 10: Punta Arenas
After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Note: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Furthermore, it's important to understand that the charter flight(s) to/ from Antarctica are particularly prone to weather, which requires a flexible flight schedule.
What our customers think
Over the top fabulous trip. The staff was exceptional to a person. Exceeded my expectations and was the correct choice for my goals.
Jean Anne, Montana February 2018
All the shore landings were great. I especially enjoyed stepping on the continent and loved seeing and being among all the wildlife. The icebergs were fascinating and gorgeous. The staff was full of information, and they were friendly and helpful.
Linda, New York February 2018
About The Ship
- A 4* expedition ship for only 68 guests
- Time saving flights
- Panoramic lounge with 200 degree views
- 1B ice class rating (Hull = 1A)
- Optional kayaking & snowshoeing/ hiking
- Rubber boots are provided on loan
The very experienced crew are super friendly and make you feel at home straight away.
Loli Figueroa Polar Specialist
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $15495
Passengers who book to share a Twin cabin are accommodated in single rooms at the hotel in Punta Arenas for which there's a mandatory supplement on top of the voyage price of USD$450.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the ship has a good number of dedicated single cabins, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years or more are admitted if accompanied by a fully responsible adult. A 5% discount on the rate per person is offered for children up to 8-12 years of age.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
- Airport/ hotel transfers as indicated
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in P. Arenas
- Charter flights P. Arenas/Antarctica return
- Complimentary waterproof duffel bag
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals on full board basis
- Complimentary drinks offered during meals
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Parka jackets are not provided
- Any flights to/ from voyage start & end points
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature - laundry, bar tab, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)