Why We Like This Ship
- With only 88 passengers aboard, everyone can disembark at the same time, which allows for longer landings
- Very friendly, experienced largely Argentinean staff
- Consistently high customer feedback of 9.3 out of 10 last season
- En-suite bathrooms in all cabins apart from Twin Standards which share a bathroom between two cabins. Usefully, each cabin also has its own wash basin
- Spacious outer deck areas which are excellent for wildlife watching
- Very competitively priced
- Important: all departures are bi-lingual, conducted in both English and Spanish
Photos of MV Ushuaia
What our customers think
Everything about the trip to the Peninsula aboard MV Ushuaia was wonderful. The ship, crew, staff, and especially the expedition leaders were great. They really took care of us well and ensured that we all had the journey of a lifetime.
Ken, Florida November 2016
I loved that the Ushuaia was small/intimate. The staff were great and it had a good vibe to it - definitely the right ship for us. I would recommend this ship to those who want to do an "expedition", truly wanting to experience Antarctica.
Linda, Illinois February 2017
We were so pleasantly surprised by this cruise. None of us knew what to expect... but we were blown away! We had a triple cabin and it did not have bunk beds, which made us sooooo happy. We also had a private bathroom and space, so we were really pleased with the room.
Barbara, California March 2017
Every single member of staff enriched my stay and it far exceeded any expectations, I can’t speak highly enough of the whole trip.
Jennifer, UK January 2016
VERY satisfied. I loved the size of the ship - not huge so that it makes it feel impersonal. Perfect! Food was very good. Staff were tremendous.
Ruth, UK January 2016
The Ushuaia is small, elderly and with next-to-no luxuries. If people are expecting a cruise, with all that implies, think again. We were happy with it as Antarctica is a destination that has no luxuries and somehow it would be wrong to be on a 5-star ship.
Pete & Moira, UK January 2017
Voyages aboard Ushuaia
Combining great value and consistently high customer feedback, this popular 10-day voyage is a perennial favourite, and justly so. You’ll spend 4 full days exploring Antarctica, sailing aboard a small 88-passenger vessel renowned for its friendly Latino staff and delicious…
Interesting fellow passengers and an expedition team who were hugely knowledgeable and great company - I thoroughly enjoyed my voyage aboard The Ushuaia. The consistently high feedback which we've received from Swoop customers further endorses just what a great ship she is.
Luke Errington Founder, Swoop Antarctica
Premier Cabins (6 twins, 2 singles)
- All 6 Premier Twins are on the Upper Deck
- Private bathrooms, twin beds and windows
- Both Single Premier cabins are also on the Upper Deck
- Private bathrooms, single beds and portholes
- The view from the single cabins is obstructed by the lifeboats outside their porthole.
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Internet: $10/30min
- Satellite phone card: $4/min
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. You can check your personal emails using the onboard computers to connect to Internet, there is no wifi. The ship is reachable via e-mail or phone.