Why we like the Ocean Adventurer
- A class act with her elegant lines, capacious outer desks and interesting history
- Ideally suited to the Southern Ocean with her rounded stern and mechanised stabilisers which improve stability
- Vast outer decks for wildlife sighting and photo opportunities combine with cosy inside spaces
- Good choice of Twin cabins, all with en-suite bathrooms and TV screens
- Ocean Adventurer offers an exciting range of voyages, including some with flights to Antarctica
- A top speed of 17.5 knots makes her one of the fastest ships in Antarctica, reducing time at sea
Watch our Video Tour of Ocean Adventurer
What Our Customers Think
As we were crossing Gerlache Strait a large pod of orcas was spotted. The captain immediately changed course and 15 minutes later we were all hanging over the side of Ocean Adventurer surrounded by them - Amazing! Just one small example of how brilliant the staff on this ship are.
Agi Hungary December 2016
Photos of Ocean Adventurer
Voyages aboard Ocean Adventurer
When I was on board Ocean Adventurer in Antarctica what I appreciated most were her vast outer decks - brilliant for spotting wildlife from - and choice of places where you can hang out while onboard. Both mean everyone on board had plenty of room, which makes a real difference at sea.
Alex Mudd Polar Specialist
Onboard Communications & Facilities
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Internet & WiFi: available as a pre-paid PIN card that grants access to WiFi spots found in the public spaces and cabins with a more limited connection. Generally, 100mb cards cost about $100.
- Satellite phone card: available as a pre-paid PIN card. Expect costs of about $0.25/minute when calling to the USA.
- Ship-based email: available for a nominal fee of about $30 (text-based email)
- Mail: it is possible to send mail from the ship
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. You can use your own device and connect it to WiFi. The ship is reachable via e-mail or phone. Final prices for these additional services will be posted onboard the ship.
Other facilities include:
- Plugs: European 220V two-round-pinned sockets
- Towels, toiletries and hair dryers
- Laundry service (additional cost)