Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 11–12 days in length, depending on which departure you choose
- Minimum of four full days exploring Antarctica with daily shore-based landings and zodiac excursions
- Choice of four outstanding ships, with capacity for 128–199 guests depending on which you choose
- Optional adventure activities on select departures: Camping, kayaking, paddle boarding, mountaineering & cross country skiing (limited places, additional cost for each)
- Complimentary parka jacket + loan of boots
Day 1: Ushuaia, Argentina
With a population of more than 70,000 people, Ushuaia is the southernmost city in the world. The city has grown over the past few years, yet it has retained an easy going and accessible feel. With the sea to the south and mountains to the north, Ushuaia is a spectacular departure point for your Antarctic cruise. If you arrive early, you can spend some time in the nearby Tierra del Fuego National Park, enjoy some Argentinian wines and barbecues in the city, or visit the many boutique shops and cafes before you leave for your expedition to Antarctica.
Day 2: Embarkation Day
Embarkation will occur in the late afternoon, after which your vessel will sail down the historic Beagle Channel. This famous channel transects the Tierra del Fuego archipelago in the extreme south of South America. Expect an air of excitement as you depart - the next time you see land you'll be in the world's most southern continent!
Days 3-4: At sea towards Antarctica
Prepare yourself for potentially rough water, but hope for a smooth sailing as the Drake is unpredictable and always changing. You'll spend these first days getting to know your shipmates while we'll provide safety briefings and insights into what excitement lies ahead.
Days 5-8: Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands
When the Antarctic Convergence is left in our wake, you will truly begin your Antarctic adventure. It is perhaps the first sight of land itself that is embraced as the true beginning of any Antarctic expedition.
You can begin to appreciate why this region has long captivated the attention of explorers and travellers alike. Every time we visit Antarctica we witness something new or unexpected, meaning your expedition will be unlike any other - creating a unique, personal experience. We will take zodiac excursions from the ship to explore bays, channels and landing sites each day. With wildlife always at the forefront of our minds, you will visit penguin rookeries, scout for humpback and minke whales and search for a number of the southern seal species, including the cunning leopard seal.
The majesty of the Peninsula's mountains will enchant you as you scramble up snowy pathways to vantage points offering you 360 views of your surroundings. One of these in particular, in Orne Harbour, gives the opportunity to visit a chinstrap penguin colony high up on a ridge. Here you'll have the choice between going for a mountain hike or spending time sitting quietly on a pebbled beach to enjoy the antics of curious penguins. If you're feeling extra adventurous, participating in the Polar Plunge swim is about as crazy as it gets! Amidst the serene silence of Antarctica, noisy interludes now become indelible memories, such as penguins squabbling over prized pebbles or the boom and crack of a calving glacier in Neko Harbour.
Every day will be different, having been carefully crafted by your Expedition Team so as to entertain and educate you about this wonderful part of the world.
Days 9-10: At sea towards Ushuaia
The journey back across the Drake Passage provides you with some final opportunities to enjoy the crisp Antarctic air. Spend time on the deck watching for seabirds and scouting for whales, enjoy a few final presentations by your Expedition Team or simply relax and reminisce about your experiences.
Day 11: Disembarkation in Ushuaia
You will arrive in Ushuaia in the morning allowing for you to continue your adventure on land or catch your flights home.
- The 5-Nov-2019, 2-Dec-2019, 11-Dec-2019, 7-Jan-2020, 28-Jan-2020, 6-Feb-2020 and 7-Mar-2020 departures are 11 days long and start and end in Buenos Aires. There is an optional USD $950 domestic flights, hotel and transfer package in addition to the price of the voyage. If you decide not to choose this, your trip starts the following day, with embarkation in Ushuaia.
- The 7-Dec-2019, 8-Dec-2019, 17-Dec-2019, 3-Nov-2020 and 13-Nov-2020 departures are 12 days long.
All other departures are 11 days long. Please get in touch for more information.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
What our customers think
It was an incredible and awe-inspiring place. The place met my expectations and the encounters there exceeded my expectations.
Kushal UAE March 2018
The expedition staff on the boat were absolutely amazing people with fascinating qualifications and knowledge, they made this trip incredible for all of us.
Elizabeth Utah December 2017
The whole trip was way beyond my expectations and the most amazing experience of my life!!! The Zodiac excursions were absolutely thrilling. Anybody thinking about this trip...Just do it!
Wendy Florida February 2017
The captain did a great job of maximising our time off the ship, and we were able to make a total of 7 landings/excursions. Every one was different, with new wildlife, geology, and breathtaking views.
Ryan Massachusetts November 2016
The highlight of the trip is being remote and off the grid for a week. It gave us the chance to soak in an untouched part of the world. The landscapes were dramatic and opened our eyes to another part of the world. The people, crew members and expedition staff all made the trip extra memorable. The staff were professional and made sure everyone on board was safe, happy, and had fun.
Dominic & Jennifer New York December 2017
A simply stellar experience all around. The ship was beautiful, the crew and the expedition team were the kindest people on the planet. The travel companions were excited and fun. The scenery was a beauty not expected to be seen on our planet. The food was amazing. And the wildlife provided an unexpected level of joy and awe.
Arvat Virginia December 2016
About The Ship
- A mid-sized 4* ship for 199 guests
- Well-appointed, offering comfort & stability
- Refurbished in 2015
- 1B ice class rating
- The widest choice of adventure activities
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
Originally built for 450 people and now capped at just 199, we like this ship for her spaciousness.
Loli Figueroa Polar Specialist
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
Main Deck Twin Window
Lower Deck Twin
Main Deck Twin Porthole
Upper Deck Twin
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $7495
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo who would like their own cabin, there is a good number of dedicated single cabins. The single supplement is 1.7 times the cost of a standard cabin and 2 times the cost of a superior category. Please contact us for details. There is no single supplement for solo passengers willing to share a cabin.
At date of embarkation, the minimum age restriction of 8 years and a minimum height and weight requirement of 64 lbs or 29kg and 48" or 1.2m must be met. Please contact us for details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
|Camping||$295||On selected departures.|
|Kayaking||$995||On selected departures.|
|Paddleboarding||$295||On selected departures. Basic competency required.|
|Skiing||$575||On selected departures. Basic competency required.|
|Mountaineering||$575||On selected departures. Crampons provided, you will need rigid sole boots.|
- Transfers in Ushuaia as indicated
- Pre-embarkation hotel night and breakfast
- Online photo journal of the voyage
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- Beer and wine during dinner, and coffee, tea and cocoa throughout the day
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Any flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation not listed as included
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional non-complimentary adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, beverages and communication
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)