Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- The highlights of Buenos Aires with a private guide: a local’s perspective of the events that shaped this country and its people
- Bespoke itinerary enlightens you to an Antarctic heritage monument in Buenos Aires from 100+ years ago
- Choose from a shortlist of fabulous nights out: Argentine tango, a BBQ dining experience or a fun-filled group cooking class
- Take the Palermo parks discovery tour at your pace: decide which parts of this beautiful district you want to get to know in a bespoke manner.
- Enjoy the company of your Swoop local guide during your whole stay, keeping you safe and informed for your entire stay in the city
Day 1: Arrive in Buenos Aires - Highlights of the city
Landing at the international airport EZE, located around 35km from the city, your Swoop guide will take you to your centrally located hotel for checking in and a little time to yourself. This afternoon will see you taking a guided excursion in a private vehicle of this wonderful city, taking in its highlights and getting a feel for the most European city in the New World.
You'll learn about Argentina’s unique and colourful history, with each district laying testament to important factors that have forged its growth. Whilst the exact order of the tour might vary, you’ll stop at the elegant Recoleta district and it famous cemetery, the historical centre where this colonial town was founded and where each monument represents a turning point in its dramatic history. The vivacious immigrants' barrio of La Boca, will also be on your list as will the modern district of Puerto Madero. It is here that you’ll make a stop at a small, yet remarkable Antarctic heritage monument, which many Argentines do not even know exists. If open, you will enter and explore. If the monument is closed, the visit still takes place but from outside. Either way, you’ll be surprised by its significance and its relevance to your trip to the White Continent, gaining some Antarctic insight which not many other travel companies will tell you about.
Returning to your hotel, after about 4 hours of sightseeing, this evening is free for you to relax after a full day. Maybe you can muster the energy for trying your first Argentinian steak?
Excursion: half-day city highlights with Antarctic heritage site stop
Accommodation: Swoop suggested 4* boutique hotel, Palermo neighbourhood
Day 2: Discovering Palermo's parks & Argentine dining experience
After breakfast, your Swoop guide and driver will take you on a relaxing 3 hour discovery of Palermo's neighbourhood parks. This verdant district originally conceptualised as the 'Central Park of Buenos Aires', is packed with monuments, museums, beautiful parks, lakes, and hosts possibly the best ice cream parlours south of the equator. It’s very popular with locals, walking their pedigree dogs, exercising or just hanging out drinking the traditional Argentine herbal drink called maté.
You will decide on the pace and itinerary with your guide, they will have some insider recommendations and will also take into account what you’d like to see. You might decide to move around on foot, strolling the impressive embassy district, take a panoramic drive of the avenues and huge parks of this area of Buenos Aires, or get to see the widest river in the world up close at the city’s memorial park. You might prefer just to meander through the enigmatic streets of the Soho district, checking out the flea markets and designer shops. Try some local pastries from the many bakeries or stop at a historic cafe to soak up the ambience of the 'Paris of South America'.
The afternoon is left free for you to discover more of the city on your own. Your guide will give you some pointers as you’ll be spoilt for choice. Perhaps visit the stunning Teatro Colon opera house, or one of the worlds most spectacular bookshops El Ateneo, or maybe the unique MALBA art museum. There can be fewer more attractive cities in the world to spend an afternoon at leisure.
Your final night in Buenos Aires will be one to remember, and Swoop has selected three different options for you to chose:
1 - If tango is on your bucket list, take in one of the famous professional shows. Held in a small theatre, low-lit and with a live orchestra this 1.5 hour expression of tango from a remarkable team of dancers, passionately conveys the history and evolution of this unique and scintillating dance. Most shows will finish around midnight, so be warned you’re likely to dance to night away.
2 - If you’d prefer an evening of intimate dining whilst learning about the typical Argentine asado (BBQ), dine in our selected restaurant, in close proximity to the chef, learning about the magic of the best BBQ in town. Learn through your senses, and experience this fantastic, truly authentic tasting menu with premium wine pairings included.
3 - For a relaxed, hands-on and fun group cooking experience we recommend the 'Argentine Experience'. A mixture of cooking class, restaurant and bar, your lively hosts will introduce you to Argentina’s fabulous food and drink culture, whilst you try your hand at making your very own empanada (typical pastry turnover). Sample dishes from all over Argentina and make new friends during this fabulous small group experience.
Whatever your choice tonight, the final act to your time in magical Buenos Aires promises to be a heart-warming experience, tailored to your personal choice leaving you longing for just one last tango. Swoop will provide private a transfer to and from all activities.
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner (wine and soft drinks included in all 3 options)
Excursion: 3 hours - Palermo parks hidden gems tour
Choice of evening activity with meal
Accommodation: Swoop suggested 4* boutique hotel, Palermo neighbourhood
Day 3: Flight to Ushuaia
This morning you will be transferred, by private vehicle, to the domestic airport Jorge Newbery (AEP), approximately 15 minutes drive from your hotel, in time for your flight south.
Expert Impartial Advice At No Extra Cost
Antarctic travel options are complicated. We help you choose the right boat, the right cabin, and at the right point in the season.
A Depth Of Knowledge On Board
As a team of ex-guides, tour leaders, & polar adventurers our Antarctic knowledge is leagues ahead of the rest.
For The Ends Of The Earth
Swoop is proud to be B Corp Certified as we know sustainability is more than our carbon footprint (but we’re reducing that too).
We’re With You At Every Step
We’ll make sure you have the adventure of a lifetime.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Price of USD $695 is based on 2 people sharing accommodation and may vary depending on hotel selection, seasonality and availability.
- All excursions and transfers in private with an English speaking guide.
- Recoleta cemetery charges an entrance fee of approximately U$D 12-14 per person, which must be paid by directly by the visitor by credit card only. If you wish to enter, your local guide will assist you with the payment, but the entrance fee is not included in the price of the tour.
- We attempt to provide the same guide for both days’ excursions and transfer-in, but this may not always be possible in high-season.
- Itinerary is subject to change and modification due to local conditions. Entrance to the Antarctic heritage monument is subject to opening times. If closed, the visit will take place outside only.
- 1 night's accommodation, with breakfast
- Transfer from EZE airport to hotel
- Transfer from hotel to AEP domestic airport (with Palermo parks visit).
- English speaking Swoop guide during excursions
- Entrance to Antarctic heritage site, if open
- All evening activities on Day 2 include private transfer to and from the venue
- All evening activities on Day 2 include soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Assistance from our local partners in Buenos Aires during your entire stay
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Buenos Aires municipal tourist tax - this must be paid in person at the hotel (USD $1.50 per person, per night)
- Personal travel insurance
- Any extra/optional excursions, entrance to museums
- Gratuities/tips for your guide/driver
- Visa, passport and vaccination expenses