5 reasons to explore Tierra del Fuego
- The mystical island of Tierra del Fuego showcases a stunning mixture of both mountain and coastal environments.
- Fascinating endemic wildlife; only found in this extreme part of the world.
- Swoop’s Experiences tailored to all types of travelers: In style, outdoor enthusiasts, and value-conscious travelers.
- Delicious culinary options from the End of the World, and range of accommodation make for a great appetizer to setting sail for the White Continent.
- Ushuaia, the city at the End of the World, provides the perfect place to get get over jet-lag flight delays ... Especially important when boarding an Antarctic Expedition!
Things to do in Ushuaia & Tierra del Fuego
Most visitors to Ushuaia only ever see the downtown area and perhaps a little bit of the national park. Tierra del Fuego has so much more to offer. Working with our local partners, we have crafted small group and off-the-beaten-track experiences for all types of traveller to enjoy.
- Explore the region with a specialist naturalist guide, a must for photography or birding enthusiasts.
- Go off-road in a 4x4 for a day and experience the untouched beauty of Tierra del Fuego.
- Spend a day with local crab fishermen enjoying their hospitality and cuisine.
- Anticipate your Antarctic experience, by getting to see Magellanic Penguins up close.
- Take a road trip and immerse yourself in the Tierra del Fuego’s incredible and varied landscapes.
Download full details for our top experiences below.
How To Book
Once you have booked your Antarctic adventure, we will forward you detailed information about Swoop’s Ushuaia and Tierra del Fuego experiences.
Take a look at our example itineraries and decide how much time you want to explore Tierra del Fuego.
Our dedicated Tierra del Fuego experience team will be happy to answer your questions, liaise with our partners and tailor your perfect trip.
Once agreed, we book your perfect stay in Ushuaia, requiring a 25% deposit; the balance is added to your final statement.
We’ll share a detailed day-by-day itinerary with you 15-30 days prior to your trip to make sure you’re ready for the trip of a lifetime.
Call Swoop Antarctica’s reservations team on +44 117 369 0696 (international) or 1-855-369-8288 (US/Canada toll-free) to start planning your pre-Antarctic Tierra del Fuego adventure.
Our favourite multi-day experiences in Ushuaia
What can I experience near Ushuaia?
What our customers think
Many thanks for making my unforgettable experience in Tierra del Fuego possible. The land is one of a kind; the only regret I have that I was not able to go for more days!
Christian United States of America April 2018
Places to stay
Your Antarctic adventure may have some accommodation included, nonetheless Ushuaia has a superb variety of hotels for you to choose from, catering to different budgets and requirements: luxury options for those looking for something special; great value options if you want to be in the city centre and want comfortable lodging; and budget options for travelers who look for functionality and location as paramount.
Building in extra time in Ushuaia as a provision for the flight delays in the region is the perfect excuse to spend time exploring Tierra del Fuego. We recommend 2 full days in Ushuaia to give you a flavour of the end of the world.
Ushuaia: Frequently Asked Questions
You will need to allow at least 1 night prior to sailing in Ushuaia as a buffer for flight delays. Your ship will sail without you if you arrive late. We recommend staying at least 2-full days, 3-nights in total, so as to have time to enjoy what Ushuaia has to offer.
All of our partners in Ushuaia will be made aware of your cruise details and we will work closely with them to ensure you, and your luggage makes it on-board your ship safe-and-sound, ready for you to enjoy your adventure of a lifetime! We can easily help book transport from the airport and subsequently to the port for boarding.
Yes, we will liaise with the ship operator and hotel directly in order to arrange any extra nights accommodation you feel necessary, so you don't have to worry about a thing.
Most travelers to Ushuaia have no issues with security. Most of the city lives from tourism and is also on the island of Tierra del Fuego, which means travelers are made to feel very welcome and safe. Of course, you should always take the usual precautions such as keeping your valuables in the hotel safe, just in case!