Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 5 full days in Antarctica = 10 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- Includes complimentary camping, kayaking and snowshoeing activities
- We love the sense of space on this generously proportioned ship, plus it has the highest ice-class rating (1A Super)
- The expedition guides on this trip are some of the best in the business
- Wine, beer and soft drinks are included with lunch and dinner
- Complimentary 2 night stay at a 5* hotel in Ushuaia and parka jacket
Day 1: Arrival day in Ushuaia
Forget missed connections and flight delays: you will arrive with ample time to relax and enjoy the upscale Arakur Resort & Spa on your first day. Alternatively, head out and explore Ushuaia, the world’s southernmost city.
Day 2: Day to explore Ushuaia
Unwind in style and comfort at your hotel with its spectacular view over the city. Alternatively, we can help arrange a tour of nearby Tierra del Fuego National Park, or you can explore the city's quirky museums. The evening briefing tonight provides an exciting insight into your upcoming adventure and a chance to mingle with fellow explorers.
Day 3: Embarkation
After one more morning exploring Ushuaia and its environs, your mid-afternoon transfer will take you to the ship, where the knowledgeable expedition team and welcoming staff will greet you upon embarkation. You will also receive a safety and orientation briefing before the Captain’s welcome dinner as you point south and finally set sail for Antarctica.
Days 4 & 5: Drake Passage
In between stints of wildlife watching, join the ship’s polar experts in the lounge for educational lectures on all things Antarctica, whether it’s the White Continent’s intriguing history or awe-inspiring geology. There is also an opportunity to take part in the ship’s citizen science programme, where you’ll record and report on natural phenomena, usually in collaboration with experienced scientists.
Binoculars in hand, head out on deck to spy the many seabirds that flit above the ship. As you cross the Antarctic Convergence into Antarctic waters, you will start to feel the temperature dip ahead of spotting your first iceberg – always an unforgettable experience.
Day 6: South Shetland Islands
The South Shetlands are the first planned port of call after the Drake Passage crossing. This collection of 20 islands and islets teems with wildlife, including Adelie and chinstrap penguins. You will hop on a sturdy inflatable Zodiac boat to explore the dramatic landscapes and have some of your first Antarctic wildlife encounters.
Days 7 to 10: Antarctica
The Captain will slow down the ship's pace during these four activity-packed days exploring the immense surroundings, leaving you with ample time to become better acquainted with Antarctica on the Zodiac, kayak and snowshoe excursions included in your package.
Keep your camera within close reach as you never know when penguins, seals and whales will cross your path. Meanwhile, a night sleeping under the stars on a camping trip, while hearing the distant thundering of calving glaciers, is the stuff of lifelong memories.
Days 11 & 12: Drake Passage
The ship will begin to make its way north, once again crossing the legendary Drake Passage. Your epic journey will culminate with a celebratory evening including a slideshow display, photography awards ceremony and one last convivial meal with new friends.
Day 13: Ushuaia disembarkation
You will leave the ship in the morning to jump on a flight to Buenos Aires or spend a leisurely few days in Ushuaia soaking up more sights.
NOTES: Activities are offered once during the voyage. Antarctica is a wonderful, wild destination; because of this it is not guaranteed that every departure will offer all activities.
This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
Expert Impartial Advice At No Extra Cost
Antarctic travel options are complicated. We help you choose the right boat, the right cabin, and at the right point in the season.
A Depth Of Knowledge On Board
As a team of ex-guides, tour leaders, & polar adventurers our Antarctic knowledge is leagues ahead of the rest.
For The Ends Of The Earth
Swoop is proud to be B Corp Certified as we know sustainability is more than our carbon footprint (but we’re reducing that too).
We’re With You At Every Step
We’ll make sure you have the adventure of a lifetime.
What our customers think of Multi-activity Antarctic Peninsula
The expedition team was phenomenal! Highly knowledgeable and always in a great mood. You could tell that everyone loved their roles on the team. All of the lectures were informative.
Travelled: February 2023
Brinda Patel - USA
The expedition staff were so reliable, I always felt like I was in great hands.
Travelled: December 2022
Anjulika Sahgal - UK
Kayaking with the whales was amazing. The kayaking staff were wonderful and informative.
Travelled: November 2022
Janet Thayer - USA
The expedition team was amazing - so knowledgeable and experienced and also clearly love sharing their passion. Safety standard was very high.
Travelled: February 2023
Elizabeth Holman - USA
The stunning nature of Antarctica aside - the staff are pros. We were kept extremely well informed, options clearly were defined and safety was a priority. We had sufficient opportunities to go ashore and experience the land and the wildlife at relatively close range.
Travelled: February 2023
Donna Packard - USA
Fabulous. It was wonderful to be on a Zodiac with an informed guide who knew where to go, what to look at, and could provide a wealth of information about that which we experienced.
Travelled: November 2022
Rik Myślewski - USA
About The Ship
- An ice-strengthened hull and an impressive 1A super ice class rating
- Her speedy average cruising speed of 13.5 knots means less time at sea and more time exploring
- Plenty of space: takes up to 138 guests, even though she was originally built for 180
- Large picture windows in the dining room mean you can enjoy spectacular Antarctic views
- A variety of deck spaces to soak up the glorious landscape from every angle
This ship has so many strong attributes, but for me it’s Seaventure's wide expanse of windows in every social area. The wrap-around windows in the Panorama Lounge make for a perfect spot to defrost after a busy day exploring, without missing any of the jaw-dropping landscapes!
Alex Mudd Polar Specialist
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
|Triple Suite||Porthole Suite||Twin Window Suite||Veranda Suite||Owner's Suite|
|December 2024 Save up to 15%|
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $8995
As mentioned above, the included adventure activities are each available on a one-off basis to each guest. Antarctica is a wonderful, wild destination, so please be aware that activities may not all be offered if weather and ice conditions do not allow for safe operations.
Please indicate your interest at the time of booking. Activity groups will be pre-assigned on board in the order of booking date.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo who would like their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.7 times the cost of a single berth. Please contact us for details. There is no single supplement for solo passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 12 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
|Camping||Complimentary||All the necessary camping gear is provided for your night sleeping away from the ship. Available subject to safe weather conditions.|
|Paddling||Complimentary||One-off paddle session out in a double kayak, with a maximum of 14 participants per session. Available subject to weather conditions. Previous kayaking experience is recommended.|
|Snowshoeing||Complimentary||Snowshoes and trekking poles are provided. No previous experience is required, but a good level of fitness is important as you may be out for 1-3 hours depending on the group (max 10-20 guests per session) and conditions.|
- All airport/ hotel/ ship transfers on Day 1
- Optional complimentary adventure activities (kayaking, camping and snowshoeing)
- Beer/wine/soft drinks are included with lunch and dinner
- Complimentary outer shell parka jacket
- Daily international news service
- Post voyage digital log
- Two pre-voyage 5* hotel nights in Ushuaia
- Free public internet and 200Mb of Wi-Fi
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation and meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and activities mentioned above, and Zodiac cruising
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Any flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, beverages and communication
- Staff gratuities
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)