Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 10 days ‘off ship’ exploring - The Falklands (2), South Georgia (4) & Antarctica (4)
- Setting sail from Uruguay, you’ll get to experience the changes in climate and wildlife as you venture southwards
- We like this ship for spacious cabins, 200 degree observation lounge & heated mudroom
- Kayaking & camping (additional cost)
- Complimentary pre-embarkation hotel stay, parka jacket + metal water bottle
Day 1: Arrive Montevideo
Arrive in Montevideo at any time. Arrival transfer included. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the Uruguay's capital city.
Day 2: Depart Montevideo
Today we embark on the expedition vessel. The group will leave the hotel together in the early afternoon. The morning is free for you to do any last minute shopping or visit one of Montevideo's colourful neighbourhoods. The evening is spent onboard the ship sailing southwards towards the Falkland Islands. (breakfast and dinner included)
Days 3-5: At Sea towards Falklands
As we make the passage south you have time to become acquainted with the ship and our onboard staff and crew. Spend time on deck spotting wildlife including albatross and always keeping ready for spotting whales and dolphins. We also introduce our lecture and educational sessions about the extraordinary human and natural history of the Antarctic region begin.
Days 6-7: The Falkland Islands
The Falkland Islands provide a rare opportunity to witness the biological diversity and extraordinary scenery of the southern islands. Penguins and albatross are abundant here, and the Falklands have the largest black-browed albatross colony in the world. In Stanley, meet the hardy local inhabitants whose colourful houses provide contrast to the long, dark winters.
Days 8-9: At Sea towards South Georgia
With the course set for South Georgia, days at sea are filled with lectures to prepare for landings. Look out for the many whales that inhabit these waters.
Days 10-13: South Georgia
Home to many interesting sites (including the grave of polar explorer Ernest Shackleton), South Georgia has several former whaling stations and boasts plenty of wildlife. Visit a huge colony of king penguins, a major highlight of this part of the journey. Weather permitting, enjoy 3-4 days free to explore this island.
Days 14-15: At sea towards Antarctica
Plotting a southwesterly course across the Scotia Sea, sail for two days, retracing Shackleton's route backwards.
Days 16-19: Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands
Experience some of the most unique wildlife and awe-inspiring scenery in the South Shetland Islands, just north of the Antarctic Peninsula. Attempt two shore landings per day (weather permitting), and encounter Gentoo, Chinstrap, and Adelie penguin rookeries; Weddell, Crabeater, and Leopard seals; and Orca, Humpback, and Minke whales in the cold Antarctic waters.
Days 20-21: At sea towards Ushuaia
While crossing the legendary Drake Passage, reflect on a memorable adventure and take in some final lectures on route back to Ushuaia. Keep a careful look out for a last chance to spot whales.
Day 22: Depart Ushuaia
Disembark in the morning after included breakfast.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- A 3-4* expedition vessel for 134 guests
- 360 degree Observation Deck
- 1B ice class rating
- Optional kayaking & camping available
- Sauna and large heated mudroom
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in GBP (£) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost £12299
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo who would like their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.7 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 10 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing. Please contact us for details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
- Transfers as indicated
- One night's hotel stay with breakfast
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature - laundry, beverages, etc
- Voluntary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)