Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 12 days ‘off ship’ exploring - Antarctica (5/6), South Georgia (5) & The Falklands (2)
- We love this ship’s highly experienced staff and ‘all inclusive’ attitude to pricing
- Photographic gear which guests can loan and an onboard ROV submersible for underwater pictures
- The only ship to offer complimentary kayaking and to have so many Single cabins
- Complimentary pre embarkation hotel stay & charter flights. Bar tab & gratuities also included
Day 1: Fly to Buenos Aires or Santiago
Depart the U.S. this evening on an overnight flight to Buenos Aires (Argentina) or Santiago (Chile).
Day 2: Buenos Aires or Santiago
Arrive in either Buenos Aires or Santiago to start your big adventure. Which city you travel through depends on your date of departure - please see further information below, or contact us for more details.
In Buenos Aires - In the afternoon, we have a guided overview of the city, seeing its Beaux Arts palaces, grand boulevards, and the famous balcony forever associated with Eva Peron. (Lunch included)
In Santiago - Santiago is nearly surrounded by the Andes, which form an inspiring backdrop to our afternoon guided overview of this vibrant city. We explore the Plaza de Armas, the main square, and nearby Presidential Palace, enjoying wonderful views from the many hills that dot the city. (Lunch included)
Day 3: Fly to Ushuaia and embark the ship
Today we fly by private charter flight to Ushuaia, Argentina. The morning's flight offers some rare views as we fly over the vividly rugged terrain of Patagonia before landing in Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world. We'll have lunch aboard a catamaran cruise on the scenic Beagle Channel before embarking our ship. (all meals included)
Day 4: At sea towards Antarctica
Awake well into our journey across the Drake Passage - a milestone in any adventurer's personal travel history - with time to hear talks preparing you for the exciting days ahead.
Days 5-10: Antarctica
With long hours of daylight, we make the most of our days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula and surrounding islands. Our schedule is flexible, allowing us to take advantage of the unexpected. We'll sail through the incomparable Lemaire Channel and land on the "White Continent" exploring via zodiac, kayak and on foot, and using our arsenal of tools for exploration.
Days 11-12: At sea towards South Georgia
As we voyage, head up to the Bridge to watch for icebergs and observe expert navigation at work as our skilled Captain and officers sail these historic waters. There'll also be time to enjoy a massage in the wellness centre, workout in the gym, and browse in the library. Each day our naturalists offer talks that add depth to your experience.
Days 13-17: South Georgia Island
This is the final resting place for explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton and we'll hoist a toast at his gravesite. Teeming wildlife and breathtaking scenery greet our ship. Hundreds of Antarctic fur seals are on hand as our Zodiacs make landfall. And at a vast penguin colony, you'll be surrounded by tens of thousands of king penguins!
Days 18-19: At sea towards Falklands
Whales beneath, birds above, as you head to legendary South Georgia Island. Our naturalists will prepare us for the exciting days ahead with presentations on the wildlife of South Georgia, and, of course, the inspiring story of Ernest Shackleton and the Endurance.
Days 20-21: Falkland Islands
The Falklands boast the largest albatross colony in the world, irresistible Magellanic penguins in their burrows amid the green tussock grass and herds of enormous elephant seals. Stroll the photogenic tin-roofed, Victorian-style houses of Port Stanley. Visit the Anglican Cathedral with its organic archway of whalebones, and the Falkland Islands Museum.
Days 22: At sea towards Ushuaia
As we sail back to Ushuaia, an albatross or two may join the escort of seabirds that cross our bow. There's time to share photos with the onboard National Geographic photographer, catch up on the book you haven't had a minute to read, and write emails home, saying "don't want this to end"
Days 23-24: Disembark in Ushuaia and fly back
After breakfast, we disembark in Ushuaia with some time to explore before proceeding to the airport for our LAN charter flight. Please note that you will fly back to whichever city you began from - Buenos Aires or Santiago. Breakfast and lunch are included during day 23.
Do get in touch if you've got any questions or would like to discuss this voyage in greater detail with an Antarctic expert. We can also assist with flights arrangements and our dedicated Patagonia team would be at help might you decide to extend your trip to Patagonia.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only. Each voyage will vary depending on ice and general weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- A state-of-the-art expedition vessel for 148 guests
- Superior onboard safety features including Ice Radar
- 1A ice class bows + retractable stabilisers
- Onboard photographic gear for loan by guests
- Kayaking available. Free bar & crew tips
- Rubber boots are provided on loan
By cruising at an impressive 15 knots this ship delivers an extra 24 hours in Antarctica with the time saved.
Loli Figueroa Polar Specialist
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $25740
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add-on's. Limited places per activity, get in contact to check availability.
Kayaking (complimentary) - all departures, basic competency required.
Photography workshops (complimentary) - all departures, workshops with professional photographer
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, this ship has a good number of dedicated single cabins, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement if you are willing to share a cabin.
Children are very much welcome. Young travellers receive a $500 discount off the voyage price. Please contact us for details.
- The 5-Nov-2018, 6-Nov-2018 and 7-Nov-2019 departures travel in reverse in the subsequent order: Ushuaia - Falklands - South Georgia - Antarctica - Ushuaia.
- One night's hotel stay (either Buenos Aires or Santiago)
- Domestic flights from either Buenos Aires or Santiago
- Loan of photographic gear while onboard
- Optional kayaking
- Complimentary parka jacket & refillable water bottle
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Any additional adventure activities
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature - laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)