Day 1: Buenos Aires, Argentina
You may arrive in Buenos Aires at any time during Day 1 of your itinerary. Upon arriving in this splendid city, known for its soaring architecture and rich European heritage, you will independently transfer to the group hotel (pre-night hotel included).
Day 2: Ushuaia, Argentina
After breakfast at the hotel, the group will transfer to the airport and board our private charter flight to Ushuaia, Argentina. Upon arrival, you will have a little time to explore this quaint port town before heading to the pier. Embarkation will occur in the late afternoon, after which your vessel will sail down the historic Beagle Channel.
Days 3-4: At sea towards Antarctica
While crossing the Drake Passage, you will spend this time preparing for the exciting days ahead, with numerous educational and informative lectures presented by your Expedition Team. You'll learn about everything from safety procedures to the history of whaling in Antarctica.
Day 5: Elephant Island
Mountainous and ice-covered Elephant Island is the first land you'll visit following the crossing. Named by early explorers for the elephant seals that dotted its shoreline, the island is best known as the refuge for Ernest Shackleton's crew. Point Wild, the site of the crew's camp, is an Antarctic Historic site.
Days 6-8: Weddell Sea
Battered with ocean currents all year long, the remote east side of the Antarctic Peninsula is completely different to the more commonly visited west coast. Here, you'll see mile-long tabular icebergs formed over hundreds or even thousands of years and broken off of ice shelves further south.
Days 9-15: Antarctic Peninsula and Antarctic Circle
Travel around the Peninsula includes a variety of experiences. Glaciers, penguin colonies and breaching humpback whales will highlight your days, while friendly seals are plentiful in these waters. You can also expect to encounter what is arguably the most formidable Antarctic predator, the leopard seal.
Days 16-17: South Shetland Islands
Places such as Half Moon Island or Livingston Island support huge numbers of nesting chinstrap, gentoo and even some macaroni penguins. Giant and cape petrels, blue-eyed shags and kelp gulls nest in the cliffs. You will explore the busy penguin and seabird rookeries and marvel at the huge elephant seals that wallow along the shore.
Days 18-19: At sea towards Ushuaia
Use your second passage across the Drake Passage to put your newfound Antarctic knowledge to use; spend time on deck, spot icebergs and name seabirds. Enjoy presentations by our onboard experts and bond with your shipmates.
Day 20: Disembark in Ushuaia and fly to Buenos Aires
After disembarking, you will get a little taste of Patagonia, touring Tierra del Fuego National Park before transferring to the airport for the return group charter flight to Buenos Aires.
About The Ship
- A mid-sized 4* ship for 199 guests
- Well-appointed, offering comfort & stability
- Refurbished in 2015
- 1B ice class rating
- The widest choice of adventure activities
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $11,995 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
There are more cabin categories available than in the above matrix, please contact us for details.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
|Camping||$250||all departures, equipment provided.|
|Kayaking||$950||all departures, basic competency required.|
|Paddleboarding||$150||all departures, basic competency required.|
|Photography||Complimentary||all departures. Participation with own camera.|
- Transfers in Ushuaia as indicated
- 1 night's hotel stay and breakfast
- DVD Photo journal of the voyage
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Any flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation not listed as included
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional non-complimentary adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, beverages & communication
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)