Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 5 full days exploring Antarctica = 10 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- Choice of departure dates
- Only 120-126 guests (depending on departure) means faster logistics and everyone can do landings together
- Kayaking, snowshoeing, mountaineering & ski touring (additional cost), plus camping (no cost)
- Complimentary parka jacket & post voyage photo book
Day 1-2 : Punta Arenas to King Georges Island, South Shetlands
Arrive in Punta Arenas and transfer to your downtown hotel to check in. The rest of the day is at your leisure before a group briefing about tomorrow's flight. The next day we transfer to Punta Arenas airport for our charter flight to King George Island. Please remember that we are flying to a very remote areas and flight schedules are dependent on weather, both in Punta Arenas & King George Island.
Days 3-8: Antarctica Peninsula
The Antarctic Peninsula's western flanks offer long days and relatively ice-free waters. We visit historic huts and Zodiac cruise through narrow straits and majestic icebergs, and if we're lucky, whale watch from the bow of the ship. A few landing points we hope to visit include Half Moon Bay, Lemaire Channel, Hydrurga Rocks and more. We will also venture into Weddell Sea if weather and ice conditions permit. We hope to visit the large Adelie and gentoo penguin colonies of Brown Bluff or Paulet Island, and fossil-rich Seymour Island. We may hike to spectacular vantage points on Beak or Devil Islands; large tabular icebergs and volcanic scenery create long lasting memories. Wherever we go, wildlife, Heroic Age relics and haunting landscapes await.
Day 9-10: Drake Passage
Relax and reminisce as we cross the Drake Passage, bound for South America. Our expedition team recap all the incredible things we've witnessed, or perhaps you'll find a quiet moment place to review the hundreds of photos taken.
Day 11: Ushuaia, Argentina
We slip up the Beagle Channel and pull into Ushuaia, where you'll say goodbye to new friends and begin any onward travel.
- The 17-Dec-2019 Christmas departure is 1 day longer (13 days), beginning and ending in Ushuaia with 6 days in Antarctica. The optional activities on this trip are limited to kayaking
- The 30-Oct-2019, 9-Nov-2019, 19-Nov-2019, 17-Dec-2019 and 28-Nov-2020 departures are sailing only itineraries
- The 16-Jan-2020, 27-Dec-2020 and 12-Feb-2021 departures are flying only itineraries
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise. Furthermore, it's important to understand that the charter flight(s) to/from Antarctica are particularly prone to weather, which requires a flexible flight schedule.
What our customers think
From beginning to end the trip was fantastic. It was so educational and I learned more about the wildlife, geology and history of Antarctica than I could have imagined. All the staff and crew members were knowlegeable and helpful. It was absolutely awe inspiring and the most exciting adventure I have ever been on.
Courtney Troy Harrison United States Of America January 2019
About The Ship
- With its sleek X-bow lines and ground breaking design, few new Polar ships have created such excitement.
- Zodiac platforms specially designed for quick boardings and more time exploring
- Rolls Royce stabiliser system and polar code 6 ice rating
- Large comfortable cabins
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $10895
- The 28-Nov-2020 departure is a sailing only itinerary.
- The 27-Dec-2020 and 12-Feb-2021 departures are flying only itineraries.
- The 16-Jan-2022 and 19-Jan-2022 departures are sail/fly itineraries departing from Ushuaia and returning from King George Island. They include one post-voyage night in a hotel in Punta Arenas.
- The 24-Jan-2022 and 27-Jan-2022 departures are flying itineraries departing and returning from King George Island. They include one post-voyage night in a hotel in Punta Arenas.
- The 02-Feb-2022 and 05-Feb-2022 departures are fly/sail itineraries departing from King George Island and returning to Ushuaia.
- The 21-Feb-2022 departure is a fly/fly itinerary departing and returning from King George Island and including one post-voyage night in a hotel in Punta Arenas.
- The 06-Mar-2022 is a 10 day fly/sail itinerary, departing from King George Island and returning to Ushuaia.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo who would like their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.5 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing. Please contact us for details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
|Camping||$150||Complimentary only on 28-Nov-2020 and 27-Dec-2020 voyages. 21/22 season: available only on 29-Oct 2021, 14-Nov-2021, 7-Dec-2021 & 27-Dec-2021 voyages.|
|Snowshoeing||$370||Dependent on snow conditions. USD $280-320 for 2020/21 dates - only available on 28-Nov-2020, 27-Dec-2020, 05-Jan-2021 & 13-Jan-2021 voyages. USD$370 for 2021/22 dates - only available on 29-Oct-2021, 14-Nov-2021, 07-Dec-2021 & 09-Jan-2022 voyages.|
|Kayaking||$1,260||Available on all voyages.|
|Mountaineering||$1,260||Available only on 27-Dec-2020 and 13-Jan-2021 voyages.|
|Skiing||$1,260||Available only on 28-Nov-2020 voyage.|
|Polar snorkelling||$640||20/21 season: available only on 28-Nov-2020 voyage. 21/22 season: available on 27-Dec-2021, 06-Jan-2022 and all voyages after and including 16-Jan-2022.|
|Polar diving||$1,260||21/22 season: available only on 16-Jan-2022, 24-Jan-2022 & 02-Feb-2022 voyages.|
- Pre-embarkation hotel night (day 1)
- A 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell drinks including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- Beer, house wine and soft drinks with dinner
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- A printed photo book produced with photos from your voyage
- Flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional services before and after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Optional adventure activities
- Optional activity surcharges
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)