Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 5 full days exploring Antarctica = 10 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- Choice of departure dates
- Only 120-126 guests (depending on departure) means faster logistics and everyone can do landings together
- Kayaking, snowshoeing, mountaineering & ski touring (additional cost), plus camping (no cost)
- Complimentary parka jacket & post voyage photo book
Day 1: Arrival in Ushuaia
Arrive in Ushuaia, where you will be met by a representative and transferred to your group hotel.
Day 2: Embarkation in Ushuaia
After a morning exploring Ushuaia, it is time to embark on your adventure. Ushuaia, capital of Tierra del Fuego is located at the shores of the Beagle Channel and surrounded by the Martial Mountains giving you a unique landscape in Argentina, which is the combination of mountains, sea, glaciers and forests.
After embarkation, you’ll have time to settle into your cabin before our important mandatory briefings. As the ship pulls away from Ushuaia we’ll gather on the deck to enjoy spectacular views of Ushuaia and Tierra del Fuego. A welcome dinner will give you chance to get to know your fellow expeditioners and friendly expedition team and crew.
Day 3: Crossing the Drake Passage
We commence our Drake Passage crossing, and make the most of our time getting comfortable with the motions of the sea. There are also preparations for our first landing with important wildlife guidelines and biosecurity procedures, and we start our lecture program to help you learn more about Antarctica’s history, wildlife and environment.
Our wildlife experiences begin as we enjoy watching and photographing the many seabirds, including majestic albatrosses and giant petrels following in our wake. They rise and fall skilfully, using air currents created by the ship to gain momentum.
Day 4: Drake Passage & South Shetland Islands:
Nearing the South Shetland Islands and the tip of the Antarctic Peninsula, the excitement is palpable watching for our first iceberg. The ocean takes on a whole new perspective once we are below the Antarctic Convergence and are surrounded by the surreal presence of floating ice sculptures. Weather permitting, we may attempt our first landing in Antarctica by late afternoon.
Days 5-9: Antarctica Peninsula
The Antarctic Peninsula's western flanks offer long days and relatively ice-free waters. We visit historic huts and Zodiac cruise through narrow straits and majestic icebergs, and if we're lucky, whale watch from the bow of the ship. A few landing points we hope to visit include Half Moon Bay, Lemaire Channel, Hydrurga Rocks and more. We will also venture into Weddell Sea if weather and ice conditions permit. We hope to visit the large Adelie and gentoo penguin colonies of Brown Bluff or Paulet Island, and fossil-rich Seymour Island. We may hike to spectacular vantage points on Beak or Devil Islands; large tabular icebergs and volcanic scenery create long lasting memories. Wherever we go, wildlife, Heroic Age relics and haunting landscapes await.
Day 10-11: Drake Passage
Relax and reminisce as we cross the Drake Passage, bound for South America. Our expedition team recap all the incredible things we've witnessed, or perhaps you'll find a quiet moment place to review the hundreds of photos taken.
Day 12: Ushuaia, Argentina
We slip up the Beagle Channel and pull into Ushuaia, where you'll say goodbye to new friends and begin any onward travel.
PLEASE NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise. Furthermore, it's important to understand that the charter flight(s) to/from Antarctica are particularly prone to weather, which requires a flexible flight schedule.
The 15-Nov-2021 departure is an 11 day voyage, spending one less day on the Antarcic Peninsula
What our customers think
From beginning to end the trip was fantastic. It was so educational and I learned more about the wildlife, geology and history of Antarctica than I could have imagined. All the staff and crew members were knowlegeable and helpful. It was absolutely awe inspiring and the most exciting adventure I have ever been on.
Courtney Troy Harrison United States Of America January 2019
About The Ship
- With its sleek X-bow lines and ground breaking design, few new Polar ships have created such excitement.
- Zodiac platforms specially designed for quick boardings and more time exploring
- Rolls Royce stabiliser system and polar code 6 ice rating
- Large comfortable cabins
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $12000
- The 15-Nov-2021 departure is an 11 day voyage, spending one less day on the Antarcic Peninsula
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo who would like their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.5 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing. Please contact us for details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
|Camping||$150||21/22 season: available only on 29-Oct 2021, 14-Nov-2021, 7-Dec-2021 & 27-Dec-2021 voyages.|
|Snowshoeing||$370||Dependent on snow conditions. USD $280-320 for 2020/21 dates - only available on 28-Nov-2020, 27-Dec-2020, 05-Jan-2021 & 13-Jan-2021 voyages. USD$370 for 2021/22 dates - only available on 29-Oct-2021, 14-Nov-2021, 07-Dec-2021 & 09-Jan-2022 voyages.|
|Kayaking||$1,260||Available on all voyages.|
|Mountaineering||$1,260||Available only on 27-Dec-2020 and 13-Jan-2021 voyages.|
|Skiing||$1,260||Available only on 28-Nov-2020 voyage.|
|Polar snorkelling||$640||20/21 season: available only on 28-Nov-2020 voyage. 21/22 season: available on 27-Dec-2021, 06-Jan-2022 and all voyages after and including 16-Jan-2022.|
|Polar diving||$1,260||21/22 season: available only on 16-Jan-2022, 24-Jan-2022 & 02-Feb-2022 voyages.|
- Pre-embarkation hotel night (day 1)
- A 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell drinks including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- Beer, house wine and soft drinks with dinner
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- A printed photo book produced with photos from your voyage
- Flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional services before and after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Optional adventure activities
- Optional activity surcharges
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)