Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Fly at least one way means more time to explore and is popular with anxious sailors
- 4-6 full days exploring Antarctica, depending on voyage date
- Choice of departure dates
- Travelling on a small ship with 120-132 guests means faster logistics and everyone can do landings together
- Kayaking, snowshoeing, mountaineering & ski touring (additional cost), plus camping at no cost
- Complimentary parka jacket & post voyage photo book
Days 1 & 2: Punta Arenas to King George Island
Arrive in Punta Arenas and transfer to your downtown hotel to check in. The rest of the day is at your leisure before a group briefing about tomorrow's flight. The next day we transfer to Punta Arenas airport for our charter flight to King George Island. Please remember that we are flying to in very remote areas and flight schedules are dependent on weather, both in Punta Arenas & King George Island.
Days 3 to 8: Antarctic Peninsula
The Antarctic Peninsula's western flanks offer long days and relatively ice-free waters. We visit historic huts and Zodiac cruise through narrow straits and majestic icebergs, and if we're lucky, whale watch from the bow of the ship. A few landing points we hope to visit include Half Moon Bay, Lemaire Channel, Hydrurga Rocks and more. We hope to visit the large Adelie and gentoo penguin colonies of Brown Bluff or Paulet Island, and fossil-rich Seymour Island. We may hike to spectacular vantage points on Beak or Devil Islands; large tabular icebergs and volcanic scenery create long lasting memories. Wherever we go, wildlife, Heroic Age relics and haunting landscapes await.
Days 9 & 10: Drake Passage
Relax and reminisce as we cross the Drake Passage, bound for South America. Our expedition team recap all the incredible things we've witnessed, or perhaps you'll find a quiet moment place to review the hundreds of photos taken.
Days 11/12: Ushuaia
We slip up the Beagle Channel and pull into Ushuaia, where you'll say goodbye to new friends and begin any onward travel.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise. Furthermore, it's important to understand that the charter flight(s) to/from Antarctica are particularly prone to weather, which requires a flexible flight schedule.
About The Ship
- With its sleek X-bow lines and ground breaking design, few new Polar ships have created such excitement.
- Zodiac platforms specially designed for quick boardings and more time exploring
- Rolls Royce stabiliser system and polar code 6 ice rating
- Large comfortable cabins
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $10895
The 27-Dec-2020 and 12-Feb-2021 (12 days) departures start in Ushuaia and end in Punta Arenas with a flight back from King George Island in Antarctica
The 5-Jan-2021 (11 days) departure starts and ends in Punta Arenas
The 13-Jan-2021 (11 days) departure starts in Punta Arenas and flies to King George Island in Antartica. It then sails back to Ushuaia
The 12-Feb-2021 (12 days) departure starts in Ushuaia and ends in Punta Arenas with a flight back from King George Island in Antarctica
The 27-Dec-2020, 5-Jan-2021 and 13-Jan-2021 departures carry 126 guests
The 12-Feb-2021, 21-Feb-2021 and 1-Mar-2021 departures carry 132 guests.
The 16-Jan-2022 (11 days) departure starts in Ushuaia and ends in Punta Arenas with a flight back from King George Island in Antarctica
The 19-Jan-2022 (11 days) departure starts in Ushuaia and ends in Punta Arenas with a flight back from King George Island in Antarctica
The 24-Jan-2022 (11 days) departure starts and ends in Punta Arenas
The 02-Feb-2022 (12 days) departure starts in Punta Arenas and flies to King George Island in Antartica. It then sails back to Ushuaia
The 05-Feb-2022 (12 days) departure starts in Punta Arenas and flies to King George Island in Antartica. It then sails back to Ushuaia
The 15-Feb-2022 (12 days) departure starts in Ushuaia and and ends in Punta Arenas with a flight back from King George Island in Antarctica
The 21-Feb-2022 (12 days) departure starts and ends in Punta Arenas with flights to and from King George Island in Antarctica
The 02-Mar-2022 (13 days) departure starts in Punta Arenas and flies to King George Island in Antarctica. It then sails back to Ushuaia
The 06-Mar-2022 (10 days) departure starts in Punta Arenas and flies to King George Island in Antarctica. It then sails back to Ushuaia
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo who would like their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.5 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing. Please contact us for details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
|Kayaking||$1,470||All departures. Basic competency required. Pricing between USD$1260-1470|
|Polar diving||$1,260||Available on 24-Feb-2020, 12-Feb-2021 and 1-Mar-2021 voyages only.|
|Polar snorkelling||$800||No experience required. Dry suit provided. Available on all voyages except 16-Jan-2020 and 25-Jan-2020. Pricing between USD$640-800|
|Paddleboarding||$640||Available on 12-Feb-2021, 21-Feb-2021 and 1-Mar-2021 voyages only.|
|Mountaineering||$1,260||Available on 27-Dec-2020, 5-Jan-2021 and 13-Jan-2021 voyages only.|
|Skiing||$1,260||Available on 30-Oct-2019, 9-Nov-2019 and 28-Nov-2020 voyages only.|
|Camping||Complimentary||Available on 27-Dec-2020 voyages only.|
|Snowshoeing||$370||Available on all voyages except 25-Jan-2020, 12-Feb-2021 and 1-Mar-2021.|
- Pre-embarkation hotel night (day 1)
- A 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell drinks including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- Beer, house wine and soft drinks with dinner
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- A printed photo book produced with photos from your voyage
- Any flights to/from voyage start and end points
- Any additional services before and after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Optional adventure activities
- Optional activity surcharges
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)