Why Book This Trip
A rare and popular voyage which flies one way and sails the other, maximising both expediency and experience. Spend 5-7 days exploring Antarctica on a small, newly-built expedition ship, with kayaking & snorkelling available. January - March departures.
Why Book With Swoop
Swoop scored 9/10 from 458 reviews
Covid safe booking: Check out Swoop's full update to help you book with confidence. View here
Ask Us a Question
We're here to answer any questions you have about Antarctica
Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Flying one way means more time to explore and is popular with anxious sailors
- 5-7 full days exploring Antarctica, depending on voyage date
- Travelling on a small ship with 120-130 guests means faster logistics and everyone can do landings together
- Kayaking, polar diving and snorkelling activities (additional cost)
- Complimentary parka jacket & post voyage photo book
Due to COVID-19, the routing of this voyage has been adjusted for the 2021/2022 season. Please get in touch for more details about embarkation and disembarkation.
The following itinerary is for Fly-then-Sail voyages. As indicated in the notes below, some departures are Sail-then-Fly, for which this itinerary operates in reverse.
Days 1 & 2: Punta Arenas to King George Island
Arrive in Punta Arenas and transfer to your downtown hotel to check in. The rest of the day is at your leisure before a group briefing about tomorrow's flight. The next day we transfer to Punta Arenas airport for our charter flight to King George Island. Please remember that we are flying to in very remote areas and flight schedules are dependent on weather, both in Punta Arenas & King George Island.
Days 3 to 8: Antarctic Peninsula
The Antarctic Peninsula's western flanks offer long days and relatively ice-free waters. We visit historic huts and Zodiac cruise through narrow straits and majestic icebergs, and if we're lucky, whale watch from the bow of the ship. A few landing points we hope to visit include Half Moon Bay, Lemaire Channel, Hydrurga Rocks and more. We hope to visit the large Adelie and gentoo penguin colonies of Brown Bluff or Paulet Island, and fossil-rich Seymour Island. We may hike to spectacular vantage points on Beak or Devil Islands; large tabular icebergs and volcanic scenery create long lasting memories. Wherever we go, wildlife, Heroic Age relics and haunting landscapes await.
Days 9 & 10: Drake Passage
Relax and reminisce as we cross the Drake Passage, bound for South America. Our expedition team recap all the incredible things we've witnessed, or perhaps you'll find a quiet moment place to review the hundreds of photos taken.
Days 11/12: Ushuaia
We slip up the Beagle Channel and pull into Ushuaia, where you'll say goodbye to new friends and begin any onward travel.
PLEASE NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise. Furthermore, it's important to understand that the charter flight(s) to/from Antarctica are particularly prone to weather, which requires a flexible flight schedule.
Fly south & sail back: 16-Jan-2022, 19-Jan-2022, 15-Jan-2023, 18-Jan-2023, 11-Feb-2023 and 14-Feb-2023 - 11 days and 06-Mar-2022 - 10 days.
Sail south & fly back: 02-Feb-2022, 05-Feb-2022 and 03-Mar-23 - 12 days
About The Ship
- With its sleek X-bow lines and ground breaking design, few new Polar ships have created such excitement.
- Zodiac platforms specially designed for quick boardings and more time exploring
- Rolls Royce stabiliser system and polar code 6 ice rating
- Large comfortable cabins
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
|Triple||Porthole Stateroom||Balcony Stateroom||Superior Twin||Superior Balcony||Junior Suite||Captain's Suite|
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $10895
- Fly south & sail back: 05-Feb-2022, 15-Jan-2023, 18-Jan-2023, 04-Feb-2023, 11-Feb-2023, 14-Feb-2023 and 28-Feb-2023 - all 11 or 12 days and 06-Mar-2022 - 10 days
- Sail south & fly back: 19-Jan-2022, 15-Feb-2022 and 03-Mar-23 - 12 days
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo who would like their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.5 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing. Please contact us for details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
- Pre-embarkation (day 1) or post-disembarkation (day 10) hotel night in Punta Arenas, depending on route
- 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation during the voyage on full board basis
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell drinks including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- Beer, house wine and soft drinks with dinner
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage (2022/23 season only)
- A printed photo book produced with photos from your voyage
- Any flights to/from voyage start and end points
- Any additional services before and after your voyage
- Transfers not specific to the itinerary
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Optional adventure activities
- Optional activity surcharges
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, beverages, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage (2021/22 season only)
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)