Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 4 full days in Antarctica = 8 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- Traveling in November to experience the most icy landscapes or in March when whale sightings are traditionally at their best
- One of the smallest Antarctica ships = ease of logistics and a very special overall experience
- Kayaking available for an additional cost
- Complimentary Chilean wine & beverages offered with meals
Day 1: Ushuaia, Beagle Channel and Puerto Williams
Your journey begins in Ushuaia, Argentina. Upon boarding our ship,sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world. Explore the surroundings before setting sail to Antarctic land.
Days 2-3: At sea towards Antarctica
Sail towards Antarctica across the famous passage named in honour of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th century British explorer. As you sail en route to the South Shetland Islands, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations. In the company of expert guides, watch for wildlife from the glass-enclosed lounge or from the outside decks. You may spot magnificent sea birds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as different species of whales on their way south to Antarctica. After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, the environment changes noticeably. Keep your camera ready, as this is the time to watch for the first icebergs and the first sight of Antarctic land.
Days 4-7: Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands
Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Each day, disembark by Zodiac boat and explore the landscape together with expert polar guides. From the ship enjoy spectacular vistas from the glass-enclosed lounge while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests.
No journey is the same as flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica. The Expedition Team sets the voyage route to take advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature, crafting a unique and extraordinary experience each time. While the exact itinerary changes with each expedition, you will explore several spots that offer the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment. Your voyage may include visits to sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, Lemaire Channel, or many other magnificent places.
Our adventure will be very active, with several daily landings and cruises in Zodiac boats, lectures and a very enjoyable time on board.
Days 8-9: At sea towards Ushuaia
Return to South America with a northbound crossing of the Drake Passage. Relax and take the time to watch for wildlife from the bridge or outside decks.
Day 10: Ushuaia
The program ends upon arrival at the port in Ushuaia.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- The first small-ship (under 100 passengers) built specifically for Antarctic expedition travel since 2003
- Limited to a maximum of only 70 passengers per departure, Antarctic exploration doesn't get much more personal.
- Hugely spacious, well appointed suites, many with floor to ceiling windows and outside balconies
- Adventure activities, such as kayaking and snowshoeing, will be available to guests
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
|Triple||Porthole Suite||Veranda Suite||Twin Window||Deluxe Suite||Penthouse Suite||Single|
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $5995
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, this ship has a good number of dedicated single cabins, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years or more are admitted if accompanied by a fully responsible adult. A 5% discount on the rate per person is offered for children up to 8-12 years of age.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation and meals on full board basis
- Complimentary drinks during meals
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to landing sites
- Parka jackets are not provided
- Any flights to/ from voyage start & end points
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature - laundry, bar tab, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)