Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 3 full days in Antarctica = 6 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- A comprehensive all inclusive voyage package
- Travelling on board an outstanding 5* ship with only 108 guests
- Wide choice of cabins, including balconies, which are at least double the Antarctic average
- Optional paddleboarding (additional cost)
- Complimentary pre/ post hotel nights, domestic flights, all drinks, parka jacket & gratuities
Day 1: Buenos Aires and Ushuaia, Argentina
Your adventure begins in Buenos Aires, where we meet and transfer to the included flight to Ushuaia. With a population of more than 63,000, Ushuaia is the southernmost city in the world.
Although the city has grown during the past few years, it retains an easygoing and accessible feel. Surrounded by the sea to the south and the mountains to the north, Ushuaia is a spectacular departure point for your Antarctic cruise.
Day 2: Embarkation Day
Today, you can spend time hiking nearby, enjoy Argentine wines and barbecues in the city, or visit the many boutiques and cafe?s before you leave for your expedition to Antarctica.
Embarkation will occur in the late afternoon, after which your vessel will sail through the historic Beagle Channel. This famous channel transects the Tierra del Fuego archipelago in the extreme south of South America. Expect an air of anticipation as you depart - the next time you'll see land, you'll be in the world's most southern continent!
Days 3-4: Crossing the Drake Passage
Prepare yourself for potentially rough water, but hope for a smooth sailing, as the Drake is unpredictable and always changing. You'll spend these first days getting to know your shipmates while your Expedition Team provides safety briefings and insights into what excitement lies ahead.
Days 5-7: South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Once the Antarctic Convergence is left in our wake, you will truly begin your Antarctic adventure. It is perhaps the first sight of land itself that is embraced as the true beginning of any Antarctic expedition. You will begin to appreciate why this region has long captivated the attention of explorers and travelers alike.
Every time we visit Antarctica, we witness something new or unexpected, which means that your expedition will be unlike any other - creating a unique, personal experience.
Each day, you will take Zodiac excursions from the ship to explore local bays, channels and landing sites. With wildlife always at the forefront of our minds, you will visit penguin rookeries, scout for humpback and minke whales, and search for a number of southern seal species, including the cunning leopard seal.
The majesty of the Antarctic Peninsula's mountains will enchant as you scramble up snowy pathways to vantage points offering you 360? views of your surroundings. One of these in particular, in Orne Harbour, affords us the opportunity to visit a chinstrap penguin colony high up on a ridge.
Here, you'll have the choice between mountain hiking or spending time sitting quietly on a pebbled beach, enjoying the antics of curious penguins. If you're feeling extra adventurous, participating in the Polar Plunge swim is about as crazy as it gets!
Amid the serene silence of Antarctica, noisy interludes become indelible memories, such as penguins squabbling over prized pebbles, or the boom and crack of a calving glacier in Neko Harbour.
Each day will be different, having been carefully crafted by your Expedition Team to entertain and educate you about this wonderful part of the world.
Days 8-9: Crossing the Drake Passage
The journey back across the Drake Passage provides final opportunities to enjoy the crisp Antarctic air. Spend time on the deck, watching for seabirds and scouting for whales, enjoy presentations by your Expedition Team, or simply relax and reminisce about your experiences.
Day 10: Disembark in Ushuaia and Fly to Buenos Aires
You will arrive in Ushuaia in the morning, say goodbye to the Expedition Team and crew, and fly back to Buenos Aires (flight included).
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife.
About The Ship
- An elegant 5* ship for 108 guests
- Time saving flights on some departures
- 1D ice class rating
- Very spacious cabins, double the average
- Optional kayaking available
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $11,795 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.7 to 2 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Child Policy: At date of embarkation, the minimum age restriction of 8 years and a minimum height and weight requirement of 64 lbs or 29kg and 48" or 1.2 meters must be met.
- Domestic flights, Buenos Aires – Ushuaia return
- All drinks while onboard
- Transfers in Ushuaia as indicated
- 1 night's hotel stay and breakfast
- DVD Photo journal of the voyage
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Any flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation not listed as included
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional non-complimentary adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, beverages & communication
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)