Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 5 full days in Antarctica = 10 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- A very comfortable and elegant ship, but with an adventurous heart. A class act at a very fair price
- We like this ship’s state-of-the-art stabilisers and amazing guides
- Camping & kayaking
- Complimentary Ushuaia hotel stay, parka jacket + wine with dinner
Day 1: Ushuaia
Arrive in Ushuaia anytime today. Enjoy a complimentary stay at the beautiful Arakur Hotel & Resort. Explore the trails, take a spa, head into town, or relax and soak in the surroundings. Our optional evening briefing is a great opportunity for you to ask questions and to meet some of your fellow travelers. Enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast in the morning.
Day 2: Embarkation
Arriving at the ship in the afternoon, you will be greeted by our Expedition Team and ship's officers at a safety and orientation briefing followed by the Captain's welcome dinner. After dinner, relax and take in the mountainous scenery on our early evening sail down the Beagle Channel past Magellanic Penguin, Rock Cormorant, and Sea Lion colonies.
Days 3-4: Drake Passage
Among the wildlife spotting opportunities as we sail south are the Albatrosses, Prions, and Petrels that frequently follow the ship. Our Expedition Team will be out on deck as well, looking for the Whales and Dolphins that may also be seen in the area. Our experts will hold informative and entertaining presentations on the wildlife, history, and geology of Antarctica. Helpful briefings on environmental regulations and expedition safety will also be held in the comfortable lounge. The length of our journey depends on sea conditions but we should approach the South Shetland Islands of the Antarctic Peninsula in the evening of Day 4.
Days 5-9: Antarctica
The land of superlatives, Antarctica! Our Expedition Leader and Captain will create a flexible itinerary based on weather, ice, and opportunity. The route will stress the most scenic bays and channels of the Peninsula with stops at penguin rookeries, seal wallows, bird colonies and whale feeding areas as well as sites of historic and scientific interest. The trip may include picturesque Neko Harbor, sheltered Paradise Harbor, the Humpback Whale favored Wilhelmina Bay, the striking Lemaire Channel, the wildlife-filled Penola Channel, or the majestic Neumayer Channel. We may stop at an active scientific base such as Poland's Arctowksi or Ukraine's Vernadskiy as well as a historic base such as U.K.'s Port Lockroy or Wordie House. Adelie, Chinstrap and Gentoo penguins abound, and Weddell, Crabeater and Elephant seals are often found hauled out to rest along with predatory Leopard Seals and the aggressive Antarctic Fur Seal. Minke and Humpback Whales are frequent visitors in the late season and Orca sightings are also common. Days 10-11: Drake Passage We will continue our presentation series and wildlife spotting as we sail back to Ushuaia and reflect on beautiful Antarctica and its fragile future. We arrive at Ushuaia in the early hours of Day 12.
Day 12: Ushuaia disembarkation
Morning disembarkation in Ushuaia lets you catch a flight to Buenos Aires or stay in Ushuaia for more sights and adventure.
- The 23-Nov-2018, 30-Nov-2018, 9-Dec-2018, 18-Dec-2019, 27-Dec-2019 and 17-Jan-2020 departures are 11 days long..
- The 14-Feb-2020 departure is a unique 14 day trip including 3 days in the Antarctica Sound and 3 days on the West Coast of the Antarctic Peninsula.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
What our customers think
The landscapes and wildlife were amazing. The crew and guides were top-notch. Swoop made the best possible recommendations. They were responsive to all requests, and our polar specialist, John Newby, was extremely knowledgeable as well as personable.
Patricia & Richard, Florida January 2018
There was a fleeting moment of anxiety on the first landing when the Zodiac had to push its way through floating ice, but I quickly developed confidence in the boat and the drivers. Expedition staff were all extremely well prepared and safety conscious.
Marc, Florida December 2017
Everything about the trip was first-rate! Of course, the geography and wildlife were spectacular, even more than we expected. But we were blown away by the expedition staff - by their amazing knowledge and ability to share it, their friendliness and the ability to adjust to situations at a moment's notice.
Austine & Cathleen, Colorado November 2017
Went beyond expectations. Too many highlights to just pick one. The landscape and wildlife was breathtaking. Wonderful crew and passengers. Could not have been any better.
Susan & Andy, Florida January 2018
About The Ship
- An elegant 5* yacht for 110 guests
- Very spacious cabins, double the average
- 1C ice class + retractable fin stabilisers
- Optional kayaking
- Optional camping (on selected departures)
- Complimentary jacket (on selected departures) & loan of rubber boots
- Includes a 5* hotel stay in Ushuaia
It's rare to find a ship combining such comfort with a really strong expedition team - worth every penny.
John Newby Polar Specialist
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $6995
- The 23-Nov-2018, 30-Nov-2018, 9-Dec 2018 , 18-Dec-2019, 27-Dec-2019 and 17-Jan-2020 departures are 11 days long.
- The 14-Feb-2020 departure is a unique 14 day trip with 3 days in the Antarctic Sound and 3 days on the west coast of the Antarctic Peninsula.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add-on's. Limited places per activity, get in contact to check availability.
Camping ($125) - all departures except 18-Dec-2019, 27-Dec-2019 and 17-Jan-2020. Equipment provided
Kayaking ($695) - all departures, basic competency required.
Single Supplement and Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, this ship has a good number of dedicated single cabins, please contact us for details.
Children aged 12 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing.
- A choice of a beverage with dinner
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Daily international news service
- Post voyage digital log
- Pre-voyage 5* hotel night in Ushuaia. For 2018/19: Optional early check in up to 24 hours before.
- Free public internet & 100 mins of wifi
- All airport/ hotel/ ship transfers
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to historic landing sites
- Any flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional non-complimentary adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, beverages & communication
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)