Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Return charter flights P. Arenas/ King George Island, South Shetlands (2 hours each way)
- Opportunity to overnight in Antarctica, camping close to a glacier in specially designed tents
- Limited to only a small group
- Guided sightseeing & a zodiac excursion in Antarctica
Landmarks visited on Overnight trip in Antarctica
At your arrival to Punta Arenas we will be provide the transfer from the airport to the hotel with 04 nights of accommodations included in the package, based in single or double room with half board included per person. At the hotel reception you will receive an envelope with all the information about the briefing and an address of our office. In this briefing you will have the chance to share with the other participants of this program and you will enjoy a welcome cocktail specially pre-pared for the group.
Day Tour in Antartica
A transfer will pick you up from hotel to Punta Arenas airport to board the plane with destination to King George Island (Antarctica). At your arrival you will be welcomed by our ant-arctic-expert tour guides who will take you on a tour visiting different areas of the island like Villa Las Estrellas (first settlement inhabited by civilians), Orthodox Russian Church (at Bellingshausen Station), navigation on a zodiac boat to Ardley Island to visit some penguin colonies (Gentoo, Chinstrap and Adelie) and navigation around Collins glacier.
After the activities of the day, passengers will be taken to the Ice Camp based on Collins glacier, located about 5 kms (6 miles) from the runway, where you will stay overnight. This ice camp includes a thermic tent (module) as a dining room for the whole group, one special tent as a basic expedition toilette and three different small thermic and special tents (small modules) for two people each one, to spend the night.
Next day you will have a walk to the "Elefanteras" (sea elephant colony) located in the Drake Passage Area, a visit to the Chinese station "Great Wall". It is also possible to visit other tourist attractions, depending on the weather conditions, before returning to Punta Arenas.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices per person. Embarkation fee included.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $6,500 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
IMPORTANT: All Antarctica activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Airport/ hotel transfers as indicated
- Hotel accommodation in P. Arenas
- Pre-departure briefing & cocktail
- Charter flight to King George Island, return
- Guided tour & Zodiac cruise
- Camping equipment
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Parka jackets are not provided
- Any flights to/ from Punta Arenas
- Any additional land services, including meals
- Visa, passport & any vaccination expenses
- Personal Travel insurance