Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Discover the highlights of Buenos Aires in 24hrs with your local guide
- A bespoke city experience including a largely unknown Antarctic heritage site which will give you a taste for exploration to the region 100 years ago.
- Take advantage of every moment in the city, including an option of a Palermo parks discovery trip, en-route to take your flight south
- Enjoy the company of your Swoop local guide during your whole stay, keeping you safe and informed for your entire stay in the city
- Enjoy great peace of mind and value. With just 1 day to stop-off in the city, maximise your experience and minimise the stress of organising it all.
Day 1: Arrive in Buenos Aires - Highlights of the city
Landing this morning in South America, your Swoop guide will be waiting for you at Pistarini (EZE) international airport, approx 30 minutes outside of the city, and will take you by private vehicle to your centrally located hotel. After a little time to check in and perhaps grab some lunch on your own, this afternoon will be spent with your guide, as they show you the highlights of this marvellous city.
For approximately 4 hours, you will find out about Argentina’s fascinating history, as you get a taste of both the north and south parts of the city, discovering the important landmarks that shaped this curious nation. From the colourful immigrants' quarter of La Boca, to the newest and shiniest district of Puerto Madero. Visit bustling downtown where the settlement was established some 500 years ago and apprerciate the serenity of one of the world’s most beautiful cemeteries at Recoleta. The cemetery showcases the beautiful architecture of the city and is the resting place for most of the country’s significant characters, including the grave of Eva Duarte de Peron, or simply Evita.
As well as learning about the 'Paris of South America', we will make a short stop for an Antarctic discovery experience. This is a small but fascinating Antarctic heritage site, that most Argentines do not even know exists. If the monument is open, you can enter, if not the visit can still take place from the outside.
Returning to your hotel, this evening is free for you to enjoy at your own pace, perhaps relaxing from your long flight or savouring one of the city’s famous steaks in one of the many eateries near your hotel. Your Swoop guide will be able to make great recommendations.
Excursion: half-day city highlights with Antarctic heritage site stop
Accommodation: Swoop suggested 4* boutique hotel, Palermo neighbourhood
Day 2: Discover Palermo parks - Fly to Ushuaia
Check out of your hotel and be ready to depart after breakfast. Your Swoop guide and driver will complete your city experience by showing you some of the hidden gems of the Palermo parks district in the northern region of the city. Located just 15 minutes drive from your hotel and the domestic airport, this beautiful area originally conceptualised as the 'Central Park of Buenos Aires', has many wonderful sights to see before finishing at the airport for your flight south, around lunchtime.
You will decide the pace, exploring on foot or by vehicle, with your Swoop guide recommending the most interesting attractions of the area you might like to experience. The itinerary has been left deliberately open, to also coincide with your flight check-in time. Sone of these options might be visiting the majestic embassy district with its grand palaces, taking a walk though the beautiful rose-garden and manicured parks, spending some time at the memorial park near the immense Rio de la Plata or maybe visiting the japanese garden or a museum. You might prefer just to stroll through the elegant surroundings with your guide, getting an insider’s view of how the locals go about their daily lives.
Palermo's parks are the lungs of the city, where the porteños (residents of Buenos Aires)walk their pedigree dogs, sit in historic cafes or spend time socialising in one of the district’s many ice cream parlours - which you should certainly try before leaving. After these relaxing 3 hours (depending on your flight time), say goodbye to your guide at the Jorge Newberry domestic airport (AEP) at around lunch time, and check in for your flight south.
Excursion: 3 hours - Palermo parks hidden gems tour, en-route to AEP airport
This itinerary and timing is subject to your specific flight time, and can be tailored to your needs. If you prefer, it can be taken upon returning to Buenos Aires after your Antarctic adventure.
Expert Impartial Advice At No Extra Cost
Antarctic travel options are complicated. We help you choose the right boat, the right cabin, and at the right point in the season.
A Depth Of Knowledge On Board
As a team of ex-guides, tour leaders, & polar adventurers our Antarctic knowledge is leagues ahead of the rest.
For The Ends Of The Earth
Swoop is proud to be B Corp Certified as we know sustainability is more than our carbon footprint (but we’re reducing that too).
We’re With You At Every Step
We’ll make sure you have the adventure of a lifetime.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Price of USD $475 is based on 2 people sharing accommodation and may vary depending on hotel selection, seasonality and availability.
- All excursions and transfers in private with an English speaking guide.
- Recoleta cemetery charges an entrance fee of approximately U$D 12-14 per person, which must be paid by directly by the visitor by credit card only. If you wish to enter, your local guide will assist you with the payment, but the entrance fee is not included in the price of the tour.
- This itinerary can also be operated in reverse, after your trip to Antarctica, depending on flights.
- If your flight out of Buenos Aires on Day 2 is early, the Palermo parks excursion can be tailored to your needs, or replaced by a private transfer to the airport.
- We attempt to provide the same guide for both days’ excursions and transfer, but this may not always be possible in high-season.
- Itinerary is subject to change and modification due to local conditions. Entrance to the Antarctic heritage monument is subject to variable opening times; if closed, the visit will take place outside only.
- 1 night's accommodation, with breakfast
- Transfer from EZE airport to hotel
- Transfer from hotel to AEP domestic airport (with Palermo parks visit)
- English speaking Swoop guide during excursions
- Entrance to Antarctic heritage site, if open
- Assistance from our local partners in Buenos Aires during your entire stay
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Buenos Aires municipal tourist tax - this must be paid in person at the hotel (USD $1.50 per person, per night)
- Personal travel insurance
- Any extra/optional excursions, entrance to museums
- Gratuities/tips for your guide/driver
- Visa, passport and vaccination expenses