Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 9-10 days ‘off ship’ exploring - Antarctica (4), Elephant Island (1, weather dependent), South Georgia (4), & Falkland Islands (1)
- Starts in Punta Arenas (Chile), finishes in Ushuaia (Argentina), with a flight to Puerto Williams
- Due to its small size, this ship is able to be more spontaneous than any other
- Includes complimentary photo workshops. Kayaking & photography masterclass (additional cost)
- Complimentary parka jacket + post trip voyage journal
Day 1: Punta Arenas to Puerto Williams, Chile
On the first day, you'll board our aircraft for the short, scenic flight to Puerto Williams. On arrival you'll enjoy a town tour before boarding the vessel to begin our journey to Antarctica and South Georgia.
Day 2-3: Drake Crossing
Spend the next couple of days getting familiar with our ship, your home-away-from-home, and enjoying briefings from our expedition team and our naturalist and historian. For those part of the photography masterclass, your guide will prepare you with initial workshops.
Day 4-7: Antarctic Peninsula
We cruise from the South Shetland Islands and through spectacular Gerlache Strait, passing the western flank of the Antarctic Peninsula - where you'll step foot on the continent. While cruising among the icebergs we may attempt to enter Antarctic Sound and visit some of the magnificent penguin rookeries at the northern end of the Peninsula.
Day 8: Elephant Island (weather permitting)
We will attempt to land on wild and spectacular Elephant Island, where Shackleton's men wintered below an upturned rowboat.
Days 9-10: Scotia Sea
We cross the Scotia Sea, watch seabirds, our first icebergs and great whales. We farewell Antarctica and begin our crossing to South Georgia. You'll have time to unwind and reflect on Antarctica and prepare for the next leg of our adventure.
Day 11-14: South Georgia
Four days exploring South Georgia, investigating the network of harbours along the northern side of this wonderful island. We combine the fascination of local history with wildlife havens by visiting the old whaling station at Grytviken. Nearby are enormous penguin rookeries in St Andrews Bay, Royal Bay, Gold Harbour and Salisbury Plain, to name just a few.
Days 15-17: Scotia Sea
If time and weather permits, we may pass Shag Rocks - the six small islands in the westernmost extremity of South Georgia - before we continue our journey towards the Falkland Islands.
Days 18: Stanley, Falkland Islands
Today enjoy a stop in Port Stanley, capital of the Falklands, before cruising west-bound towards Ushuaia.
Day 19: Scotia Sea
Back on the Scotia Sea we make our last sea crossing. As Tierra del Fuego approaches, the air becomes warmer and we may smell the scent of green, grass-covered land.
Day 20: Ushuaia, Argentina
During the morning we travel up the Beagle Channel to dock in Ushuaia, then transfer to our hotel or onto homeward-bound flights.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- One of the smallest ships, only 54 guests
- Speedy logistics = up to 3 landings a day
- Time saving flights on some departures
- High 1A ice class + active stabilisers
- Optional camping, kayaking & snorkeling
- Rubber boots are provided on loan
I've known this ship for many years now and she remains a firm favourite with a loyal following.
Alex Mudd Polar Specialist
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $0 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add-on's. Limited places per activity, get in contact to check availability.
Kayaking ($1325) - all departures, basic competency required.
Photography Masterclass ($1360) - all departures.
Photography workshops (complimentary) - all departures, workshops with professional photographer.
Single Supplement and Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.7 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing.
- Flight from Punta Arenas to Puerto Williams
- Transfer from Puerto Williams airport to the vessel, including lunch and tour of Puerto Williams
- Accommodation during the voyage
- All meals, snacks, tea and coffee during the voyage
- All shore excursions and Zodiac (inflatable boat) cruises
- Educational lectures and guiding services from our expert team
- Access to our on board doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of gumboots during the voyage
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Daily cabin service
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Professionally produced voyage journal (one per booking)
- Port taxes and charges
- All entry fees to historic landings sites
- International or domestic flights to or from ship, unless specified
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Visa, passport, and vaccination charges
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Hotels and meals not included in itinerary
- Optional excursions not included in the itinerary
- Optional activity surcharge. Please contact us if you wish to book any optional activities, such as sea kayaking
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, beverages & communication
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)