Why We Like The Janssonius
- A maximum of 170 passengers in 4* accommodation
- A distinctively cozy and informal atmosphere, decorated and furnished in a modern and elegant style
- Lectures and presentations delivered in multiple languages on a dedicated deck
- Large observation lounge, ideal for viewing Antarctica's spectacular wildlife
- An indoor Zodiac embarkation platform with two separate gangways allows for speedy embarkation and easy access to outdoor activities such as kayaking
- With two main engines, this vessel reaches a top speed of 15 knots
Voyages aboard Janssonius
4.6 out of 5
Onto the Antarctic Ice
With four medium-sized expedition ships and regular departure dates throughout the season, this well priced voyage is a popular option. Across striking landscapes and icy seas your company will include penguins, seals, whales and skuas. For the adventurous, optional kayaking…
- 10-13 Days
3.9 out of 5
Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctic Adventure
With a good choice of departure dates through the season across four medium-sized ships, this 19-23 day trip stands out for its value for money and the broad range of cabin categories available, including Quads, which are…
- 19 - 22 Days
Photos of Janssonius
- Located on Deck 3
- Approximately 12-18m² (129-193ft²)
- Bunk-beds and porthole
- 1 upper berth & 2 lower berths
- Small sofa
- Private shower & toilet
- Flatscreen TV, telephone and WiFi
- This cabin is suitable for families travelling with children, or passengers who do not require a twin or more luxurious cabin
Onboard Communciation & Facilities
Even in Antarctica, you can stay in touch - choose from the options below:
- Internet & WiFi: Vouchers are sold onboard for: EUR7.50/20mb; EUR18/50mb; EUR35/100mb; EUR150/500mb. A standard email account set-up fee of EUR5 applies and the following charges will also be added: EUR15/7-10 days; EUR20/11-12 days; EUR25/18 days; EUR50/30 days
- Telephone: International calls can be made from your cabin. Cards can be purchased from the Reception Desk for EUR25, which allows approximately 25 minutes call time.
Please note that this is only for light data traffic.
- Plugs: European 220V two-round-pinned sockets
- Towels, toiletries and hair dryers
- Laundry service (additional cost)
Find Your Antarctic Ship
Choosing the right ship is crucial, given the amount of time you'll spend on board. Swoop is experienced at helping match our customers to exactly the right ship.
Ready to plan your Antarctic adventure?
We'll spend some time listening to your aspirations, then discuss the kind of experience that might suit you.
Next we'll discuss the options, shortlist the best trips for you and present you our impartial recommendations.
We'll place a 24 hour hold on your preferred option - without obligation - whilst we talk through the details.