Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 6 full days in Antarctica = 12 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- We like this voyage for its extended time in Antarctica
- Popular 200 degree Observation lounge and spacious cabins
- Kayaking & camping (additional cost)
- Complimentary Ushuaia hotel stay + parka jacket
Day 1: Arrive Ushuaia
Arrive into Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world, at any time. An arrival transfer to your hotel is included.
Day 2: Ushuaia
We will embark on the expedition vessel in the afternoon. The morning is free to do any last minute shopping, an optional excursion to Tierra Del Fuego National Park or a good hike up to the Marshall Glacier. The evening is spent on board the ship watching the sunset over the Beagle Channel. (breakfast and dinner included)
Days 3-4: At sea towards Antarctica
The adventure begins with an 800km (497 mi) crossing of the Drake Passage named in honour of 16th-century English sea captain and privateer Sir Francis Drake. The ship is at home in this part of the Southern Ocean. Take in daily lectures from the expedition team and keep an eye out for sightings of icebergs, whales, and albatross following in the Expedition's wake.
Days 5-10: Antarctic Peninsula & the South Shetland Islands
With a total of six days to explore the world's most southerly ecosystem, there's more time to encounter the unique wildlife and awe-inspiring scenery of the Antarctic. Our goal is to get ashore twice per day to encounter penguin rookeries, get a good look at the variety of seal species, and keep an eye out for the whales that feed in the peninsula's cold, fertile waters.
Days 11-12: At sea towards Ushuaia
Begin the journey north crossing the Drake Passage to the home port of Ushuaia. Review the highlights of the Antarctic experience with the lecturers and staff. Keep your eyes open on the observation deck for some last-minute whale sightings.
Day 13: Depart Ushuaia
Disembark the ship after breakfast. Feel free to either extend your stay in Ushuaia or depart for home.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- A 3-4* expedition vessel for 134 guests
- 360 degree Observation Deck
- 1B ice class rating
- Optional kayaking & camping available
- Sauna and large heated mudroom
- Complimentary jacket & loan of rubber boots
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $8799
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo who would like their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.75 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 10 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing. Please contact us for details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
- Transfers as indicated
- One night's hotel stay with breakfast
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature - laundry, beverages, etc
- Voluntary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)