Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 6 full days in Antarctica = 12 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- A guaranteed white Christmas!
- The smallest ship currently in the Antarctic fleet
- Camping & kayaking (additional cost)
- Complimentary parka jacket + post trip journal
Day 1: Ushuaia
Enjoy a hearty, late afternoon welcome in Ushuaia from our friendly staff and Russian crew. You have time to settle into your cabin and explore the ship before our evening departure. Excitement lifts as we set sail down the Beagle Channel, keeping watch for Magellanic penguins, Dolphins and Albatross.
Days 2-3: Drake Passage
Our Drake Passage crossing offers excellent bird watching from the outer decks or the warmth of the bridge. Learn about Antarctica from our naturalist's informative talks, and about safety and environmental guidelines from expedition staff. We have time to meet fellow travellers, chat, read and prepare for the days ahead. Keen eyes watch for icebergs, while king cormorants fly by, and the appearance of penguins and fur seals around us heralds our approach to the South Shetlands.
Days 4-9: Antarctic Peninsula
An overnight passage along Gerlache Strait delivers us to the stunning Antarctic Peninsula, an ethereal wonderland of vast proportions. Aboard robust Zodiacs, we explore penguin rookeries, historic sites, and scientific stations. We celebrate our Christmas enthusiastically; the atmosphere among fellow expeditioners is like that of an extended family.
Zodiac cruising brings us close to intricately shaped icebergs and seals basking on ice floes whilst our kayakers glide into secluded bays. We focus on immersing ourselves in nature, even camping out one night if conditions allow. Thanks to the small number of expeditioners on our voyage, spontaneity and flexibility enhance our enjoyment. After all, bubble netting humpbacks demand a wake-up call, even at midnight!
Day 10: Flight to Punta Arenas
We arrive at mountainous King George Island, the largest of the South Shetland Islands. Time and weather permitting, we explore Fildes Bay and visit the Russian Orthodox Trinity Church at Bellingshausen Station, before catching our charter flight back to Punta Arenas in Chile and being transferred to our overnight accommodation.
Day 11: Homewards
After breakfast, we bid farewell to fellow expeditioners before continuing on with your own arrangements.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
About The Ship
- One of the smallest ships, only 54 guests
- Speedy logistics = up to 3 landings a day
- Time saving flights on some departures
- High 1A ice class + active stabilisers
- Optional camping, kayaking & snorkeling
- Rubber boots are provided on loan
I've known this ship for many years now and she remains a firm favourite with a loyal following.
Alex Mudd General Manager
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $8,725 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add-on's. Limited places per activity, get in contact to check availability.
Camping (complimentary) - all departures. Equipment provided
Kayaking ($995) - all departures, basic competency required.
Single Supplement and Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.7 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However, there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing.
Please note small itinerary variations on the following departure dates below:
- 25-Dec-2016 departure operates in reverse, starting in Punta Arenas, flying to King George Island in Antarctica and ending in Ushuaia
- Flight Antarctica/ P. Arenas
- Transfers as indicated
- One night hotel accommodation in P. Arenas
- Printed voyage photo book (1 per booking)
- Antarctic wildlife guide
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Any flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional non-complimentary adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, beverages & communication
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)