Why we like the Ocean Adventurer
- A class act with her elegant lines, capacious outer desks and interesting history
- Ideally suited to the Southern Ocean with her rounded stern and mechanised stabilisers which improve stability
- Vast outer decks for wildlife sighting and photo opportunities combine with cosy inside spaces
- Good choice of Twin cabins, all with en-suite bathrooms and TV screens
- Ocean Adventurer offers an exciting range of voyages, including some with flights to Antarctica
- A top speed of 17.5 knots makes her one of the fastest ships in Antarctica, reducing time at sea
Watch our Video Tour of Ocean Adventurer
What Our Customers Think
As we were crossing Gerlache Strait a large pod of orcas was spotted. The captain immediately changed course and 15 minutes later we were all hanging over the side of Ocean Adventurer surrounded by them - Amazing! Just one small example of how brilliant the staff on this ship are.
Agi Hungary December 2016
I would choose that ship again... it feels like home to me. And hot tubs!! Read the full review
David Lundvall United States Of America December 2019
Zodiac cruising was definitely a highlight as was the kayak excursion with our guide. The expedition crew were all top-notch. The Lemaire Channel navigation was absolutely a favourite. Read the full review
Edward Carter United States Of America December 2019
Ocean Adventurer which is a great ship because of the staff, its small size and its open decks. Read the full review
Charles Eickhoff United Kingdom October 2019
I spent an amazing time on the Ocean Adventurer. The entire experience was amazing. The scenery in Antarctica is beautiful beyond belief. Incredible and intimate wildlife encounters. The staff and expedition team did a wonderful job making this trip an unforgettable experience. The food was excellent. Read the full review
Rafal Wilk Ireland November 2018
Photos of Ocean Adventurer
Voyages aboard Ocean Adventurer
The great strength of this trip is choice - the widest selection of departure dates and optional adventure activities available across four first-rate ice-strengthened ships (128 to 199 guests). Spend a minimum of four full days exploring Antarctica. Enjoy daily…
- 11–12 Days
Fly & Cruise Polar Circle
This impressive Polar Circle voyage combines all the comfort and expediency of flying in both directions with extended time in Antarctica (7 full days). Choice of two outstanding ships, both very well-appointed, offering optional adventure activities.…
- 11 Days
Antarctic Fly & Cruise Safari
If you’re keen to fly to Antarctica instead of sailing, this 8-day trip is ideal with a choice of dates in December and February. Travel on outstanding expedition ships with optional kayaking and stand up paddleboarding. Complimentary hotel nights and…
- 8 Days
When I was on board Ocean Adventurer in Antarctica what I appreciated most were her vast outer decks - brilliant for spotting wildlife from - and choice of places where you can hang out while onboard. Both mean everyone on board had plenty of room, which makes a real difference at sea.
Alex Mudd Polar Specialist
Onboard Communications & Facilities
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Internet & WiFi: available as a pre-paid PIN card that grants access to WiFi spots found in the public spaces and cabins with a more limited connection. Generally, 100mb cards cost about $100.
- Satellite phone card: available as a pre-paid PIN card. Expect costs of about $0.25/minute when calling to the USA.
- Ship-based email: available for a nominal fee of about $30 (text-based email)
- Mail: it is possible to send mail from the ship
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. You can use your own device and connect it to WiFi. The ship is reachable via e-mail or phone. Final prices for these additional services will be posted onboard the ship.
Other facilities include:
- Plugs: European 220V two-round-pinned sockets
- Towels, toiletries and hair dryers
- Laundry service (additional cost)
Find Your Antarctic Ship
Choosing the right ship is crucial, given the amount of time you'll spend on board. Swoop is experienced at helping match our customers to exactly the right ship.
Ready to plan your Antarctic adventure?
We'll spend some time listening to your aspirations, then discuss the kind of experience that might suit you.
Next we'll discuss the options, shortlist the best trips for you and present you our impartial recommendations.
We'll place a 24 hour hold on your preferred option - without obligation - whilst we talk through the details.