Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- 6 full days in Antarctica = +12 planned ‘off ship’ excursions
- Due to its small size, this ship is able to be more spontaneous than any other with up to 3 landings a day
- One of the few ships to offer complimentary camping. Kayaking & mountaineering (additional cost)
- Complimentary parka jacket + post trip voyage journal are nice touches
Day 1: Ushaia
Gather in Ushuaia with time explore the community that lays claim to being the most southerly town. Enjoy a guided tour of the rustic port and beautiful surrounds. Embark your vessel in the late afternoon for introductory and safety briefings, then set sail along the Beagle Channel.
Days 2-3: Crossing the Drake Passage
Our Drake Passage crossing offers Cape petrels darting about the ship, black-browed and wandering albatross soaring, and Wilson's storm petrels flitting above the sea. Learn about Antarctica from our expert naturalist and safety and environmental guidelines from our expedition team as we prepare for our first landing, possibly late on Day 3.
Days 4-9: Antarctic Peninsula
An overnight passage along Gerlache Strait delivers us to the stunning Antarctic Peninsula, an ethereal wonderland of vast proportions. Aboard zodiacs, we explore penguin rookeries, historic sites and scientific stations and cruise near exquisite icebergs. Our kayakers glide into secluded bays, climbers ascend pristine peaks and our snorkelers delight in marine discoveries. Stepping ashore on the continent creates an everlasting memory. We make the most of every day and a fair bit of each night. A curious Leopard seal cruising amongst spectacular icebergs may mean postponing lunch (ours, not the Leopard seal's); loading zodiacs after dinner for an Orca cruise. If the weather allows, we may even sleep-out on the ice: a must for any Antarctic explorer!
Days 10-11: Crossing the Drake Passage
As the Captain steers the ship north across the Drake Passage, our minds and souls revel in rich Antarctic experiences. There's time to watch for seabirds, enjoy entertaining talks, discuss what we've seen and learned, exchange photos and stories. With luck, we may make a ceremonial rounding of Cape Horn before sharing a farewell dinner.
Day 12: Ushuaia
We enjoy a gentle cruise along the Beagle Channel in the early morning. Disembark after breakfast for onward travel or to savour more time in Ushuaia.
NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only as each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. Flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
What our customers think
I really enjoyed meeting my fellow travelers, who all seemed to enjoy exploring our world and traveling as much as possible. It was nice being in a small group and getting to know everyone in the 12 days we had together. I'll be keeping in touch with quite a few of them.
Christine & Rollence California December 2017
About The Ship
- With its sexy and sleek X-bow lines and ground breaking design, few new Polar ships have created such excitement.
- Zodiac platforms specially designed for quick boardings and more time exploring
- Rolls Royce stabiliser system and polar code 6 ice rating
- Large comfortable cabins
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices quoted below are per person based on 2 people sharing. Cabin availability changes all the time so please contact us for up-to-date details and information on specific cabin availability.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $8,500 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
Single Supplement And Child Policy
For those travelling solo and want their own cabin, the single supplement is 1.7 times the cost of a single berth, please contact us for details. However there is no single supplement for passengers willing to share a cabin.
Children aged 8 years old or over are welcome. There isn't any concession on pricing.
Optional Adventure Activities
Enhance your trip with the following add ons. Limited places per activity.
Get in contact to check availability.
|Camping||Complimentary||All departures. Equipment provided.|
|Kayaking||$1,050||All departures. Basic competency required.|
|Photography||Complimentary||All departures. Workshops with professional photographer.|
|Polar snorkelling||$600||Cold water and dry suit experience required.|
|Skiing||$900||All departures. Advanced ability required.|
- Transfers as indicated
- Printed voyage photobook (1 per booking)
- A 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell drinks including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Any flights to & from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional non-complimentary adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Optional activity surcharges
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, beverages & communication
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)