Day 1: Fly to Antarctica
Depart Punta Arenas (Chile). Fly a little more than 4 hours to Antarctica by private transport jet. Land on our ice runway and settle in at Union Glacier Camp.
Day 2: Acclimatise to Antarctica
Orientation to Union Glacier Camp and life in Antarctica. Optional, light activities to acclimatise to Antarctic conditions.
Day 3: The Geographic South Pole
A 4-5 hr flight brings us to the most southerly point on Earth! We are immediately struck by the significance of this place and our journey. This was the goal of the heroic explorers. Here all 360 lines of longitude meet and in a few steps you can walk around the world. We will take plenty of time for photographs and reflection at the Geographic South Pole - ??the Holy Grail of polar explorers - and at the colourful Ceremonial Pole which commemorates the signing of the Antarctic Treaty. Inside Amundsen-Scott station we will see what it is like to live at the South Pole and learn what makes the South Pole a unique scientific laboratory.
The South Pole has been designated an Antarctic Specially Managed Area (ASMA #5) to conserve the environmental, scientific and historical values of the area. We ask for your cooperation in respecting visitor guidelines during any time we may spend at the South Pole.
Return flight to Union Glacier Camp, where we will toast our achievement and enjoy a celebration meal prepared by our chefs.
Days 4-6: The Heart of Antarctica
Experience the heart of Antarctica from the comfort of Union Glacier Camp. Daily programme of activities such as skiing, hikes, walks, Antarctic skills sessions and talks. Delicious, hearty meals and delectable desserts prepared by our chefs.
Day 7: Return to Punta Arenas (Chile)
The aircraft from Punta Arenas will arrive with a new collection of avid explorers and you depart for the final leg of your Antarctic experience. Our staff will meet you at Punta Arenas airport and transfer you to your hotel.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
|Start date||Price (pp)|
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $48,150
Please note: the 14-Dec-2018 and 09-Jan-2019 depature prices are subject to change.
No two Antarctic experiences are the same. This is part of the
excitement and adventure of Antarctic travel. The itinerary above
highlights typical activities and experiences. Exact timeline and
details will vary from trip to trip. Trip length may vary by departure.
Please anticipate delays and do not plan anything for at least a week after your scheduled return. Allow yourself to enjoy this unique experience without the stress of pending commitments.
- Transfers to and from Punta Arenas airport (Chile)
- Briefing with refreshments in Punta Arenas one day prior to departure
- Round trip flights from Punta Arenas to Antarctica
- All flights within Antarctica as shown in your itinerary
- Meals and accommodation while in Antarctica
- Expedition Guide(s) (and naturalist or lecturer on some Experiences)
- Use of recreational equipment at Union Glacier Camp
- Official and personalised Certificate of Achievement
- A Baggage allowance of up to 25kg
- Commercial flights to and from Punta Arenas
- Flights within Antarctica, other than those shown in itinerary
- Meals and accommodation in Punta Arenas
- Airport transfers other than in Punta Arenas
- Personal equipment and clothing (polar clothing may be available for rent)
- Expenses incurred in Punta Arenas due to delays
- Any excess baggage costs over confirmed baggage allowance
- Cost for the use of satellite phone whilst in Antarctica
- Insurance coverage - personal, medical, evacuation or otherwise