Why We Like This Ship
- With only 48 people on board, The Shokalskiy embodies the true spirit of expedition cruising and travels to incredibly remote areas
- A legendary ice-strengthened ship, she is renowned as much for her popularity amongst past travellers as for her manoeuvrability
- Explore some of Antarctica's least travelled places accompanied by an expeditionary staff or world renowned specialists
- Typically attracts an international clientele of fellow adventurous travellers, making for stimulating conversations at meal times
Voyages aboard Akademik Shokalskiy
Embark on this 28-day epic voyage to The Ross Sea, the 'Heart of Antarctica', experiencing the immensity of the Ross Ice Shelf and remoteness of this little-visited region. Includes privileged visits to Scott's and Shackleton's historic huts and research bases…
- 28 Days
Onboard Communications & Facilities
- Plugs: European 220V two-round-pinned sockets
- Towels, toiletries and hair dryers
- Laundry service (additional cost)
Please contact us for details about onboard communications.
Find Your Antarctic Ship
Choosing the right ship is crucial, given the amount of time you'll spend on board. Swoop is experienced at helping match our customers to exactly the right ship.
Ready to plan your Antarctic adventure?
We'll spend some time listening to your aspirations, then discuss the kind of experience that might suit you.
Next we'll discuss the options, shortlist the best trips for you and present you our impartial recommendations.
We'll place a 24 hour hold on your preferred option - without obligation - whilst we talk through the details.