Types of Travel Insurance
Swoop Antarctica is not licensed to offer travel insurance, however we can provide advice. To get a quote we would recommend you contact a local provider or one of the suggested companies our customers use indicated below.
It is worth noting the different types of travel insurance available:
- Medical and Emergency Insurance is essential and you should not travel without it. It is relatively inexpensive to purchase.
- Pre Trip Cancellation cover provides financial protection in case of cancellation by you between the point you book your trip (and place down a deposit) and travel. As such this type of policy isn't necessary if you book close to your departure date. Given the cost of a trip to Antarctica having this protection in place is a good idea, however it is a more expensive policy.
When travelling to Antarctica it's crucial that your insurance policy includes Emergency Repatriation Cover for a minimum of $100,000, however some operators may require cover of up $200,000.
What your Travel Policy should Include
When reviewing your intended insurance package there are a number of standard requirements every travel policy should include:
- Cancellation and Curtailment Charges
- Financial Failure
- Emergency Medical and Other Expenses
- Hospital Inconvenience Benefit
- Personal Accident
- Loss of Limb(s)/Sight
- Permanent Total Disablement
- Baggage and Passport
- Personal Money and Documents
- Personal Liability Journey
- Disruption including Airspace Closure
- Delayed Departure or Trip Cancellation
- Missed Departure/Connection
- Travel Risks: Hijack/Mugging etc.
- Legal Expenses