Why We Like This Ship
- A class act with her elegant lines, capacious outer desks and interesting history
- Ideally suited to the Southern Ocean with her rounded stern and mechanised stabilisers which improve stability
- Vast outer decks for wildlife sighting and photo opportunities combine with cosy inside spaces
- Good choice of Twin cabins, all with en-suite bathrooms and TV screens
- Ocean Adventurer offers an exciting range of voyages, including some with flights to Antarctica
Watch our Video Tour of Ocean Adventurer
What Our Customers Think
As we were crossing Gerlache Strait a large pod of orcas was spotted. The captain immediately changed course and 15 minutes later we were all hanging over the side of Ocean Adventurer surrounded by them - Amazing! Just one small example of how brilliant the staff on this ship are.
Agi, Hungary December 2016
Photos of Ocean Adventurer
Voyages aboard Ocean Adventurer
The great strength of this trip is choice - the widest selection of departure dates and optional adventure activities available across four first-rate ice-strengthened ships (108 to 199 guests). Spends a minimum of four full days exploring Antarctica. Enjoy daily…
Sail south to the iconic Polar Circle spending 7 full days exploring the highlights of the Antarctic Peninsula as part of this epic 14-day adventure. Choice of three ice strengthened ships (132 - 199 guests), each ideally suited for expedition…
This impressive Polar Circle voyage combines all the comfort and expediency of flying in both directions with extended time in Antarctic (6 full days). Choice of two outstanding ships, both very well-appointed, offering either optional adventure activities or an attractive…
An epic 23-day voyage which packs in an astonishing 7 days in Antarctica, 4 days in wildlife-rich South Georgia and the Polar Circle at 66 degrees south. It's very rare to find a trip combining all three places. Limited departure…
If you’re keen to fly to Antarctica instead of sailing, this 8-day trip is ideal with a good choice of dates throughout the high season. Choice of two outstanding expedition ships with optional kayaking. Complimentary hotel nights and parka jackets,…
When I was on board Ocean Adventurer in Antarctica what I appreciated most were her vast outer decks - brilliant for spotting wildlife from - and choice of places where you can hang out while onboard. Both mean everyone on board had plenty of room, which makes a real difference at sea.
Alex Mudd General Manager
If you wish to stay in touch, even in Antarctica, you can choose from the options below:
- Internet & wifi: available as a pre-paid PIN card that grants access to wifi spots found in the public spaces, but the signal should reach cabins too. Generally, 100mb cards cost about $100.
- Satellite phone card: available as a pre-paid PIN card. Expect costs of about $0.25/minute when calling to the USA.
- Ship-based email: available for a nominal fee of about $30 (text-based email)
- Mail: it is possible to send mail from the ship
Please note that this is only for light data traffic and that the above prices are only approximate. You can use your own device and connect it to wifi. The ship is reachable via e-mail or phone. Final prices for these additional services will be posted onboard the ship.