Why We Like This Ship
- The ship’s generous proportions means all 146 passengers have plenty of space
- Carries one of the highest ice class ratings (Lloyds A1s) and is fully compliant with the new Polar Code
- Very spacious cabins, far more generous than most polar ships - from 250 sq feet (22m) - 474 sq feet (44m)
- Large observation lounges and a choice of two dining rooms all offer panoramic views
- A well-equipped gym, spa, sauna and steam room are popular
- Modern stabilising unit ensures a more comfortable ride in the Southern Ocean
- A high staff to passenger ratio also ensures a very personalised overall experience
Photos of RCGS Resolute
Voyages aboard RCGS Resolute
Spending 5 full days exploring Antarctica, this voyage is recommended for travelers seeking a very stable ship with less than 100 passengers onboard. Additional benefits include a wide range of complimentary activities and a large expeditionary team, which ensures small…
Alongside the obvious highlights of the destinations themselves, we like this voyage for this ship’s renowned stability - ensuring more comfortable sea days - and for having only 96 passengers aboard. Combined with a sizeable expeditionary staff and an extensive…
Geared for the adventurous traveler, this extended 13-day November departure makes the most of the pristine springtime snow conditions. Backcountry ski touring, snowshoeing and a unique overnight 2-day kayaking trip are all available while photographers will enjoy the soft light…
What marks this 13-day trip out from the crowd is the 8 full days you get to spend in Antarctica - almost double a standard peninsula voyage. Combined with achieving the Polar Circle and travelling with less than 100 others,…
What really attracts me to this outstanding ship is her large cabins, fast speed and high ice class rating. Few expedition ships can touch her.
Alex Mudd General Manager
Captain's Suite (4)
- Located on deck 6 and includes the comfort of a sectional lounge with matching club chairs, a large desk, expansive soft close cabinetry, washroom facilities including both a shower & bathtub.
- Sleeping quarters feature the option for either a double or two single configured beds with upgraded linen/ pillows.
- These cabins offer ample space 475 sq ft/44 sq m
Shackleton Suite (8)
- Located on deck 6 and includes a the comfort of a sectional lounge a large desk, expansive soft close cabinetry, washroom facilities including both a shower & bathtub.
- Sleeping quarters feature the option for either a double or two single configured beds with upgraded linen/ pillows
- These cabins cabins offer ample space 237 sq ft/22 sq m
Triple Private (6)
- Located on deck 3 these cabins feature the option for a double or two single configured beds and a convertible sofa lounge to a lower berth.
- A sectional lounge is placed by the portholes, writing desk/ chair, ample storage and private washroom facilities.
- These cabins are spacious and well appointed.